MTV flips the switch back on for 'Unplugged'

That's my bit, dude.

I don't think so.

I'm a woman, so my upper-body strength is somewhat limited.

And I didn't intend my reply to sound "macho"... but really, why do you insist on making people who use this board casually and as an outlet feel bad? I checked your last few posts, and they are all reprimanding people for posting in the wrong forum/thread. It's kind of an unwelcoming attitude for those who don't come around as often as you do.

I disagree.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I didn't intend my reply to sound "macho"... but really, why do you insist on making people who use this board casually and as an outlet feel bad? I checked your last few posts, and they are all reprimanding people for posting in the wrong forum/thread. It's kind of an unwelcoming attitude for those who don't come around as often as you do.

I agree.

Had I been reprimanded for such petty issues, I would never have posted here again.

Chill out on it, dude. Are you capable of posting anything that is not criticism of other posters?

Me too, and I agree.

I disagree.

You might disagree, but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't. I actually find it kind of annoying. Of course, your posts here are definitely not unique to just this message board. No matter what message board you go to, you'll almost certainly find your doppelganger letting people know that what they want to discuss was discussed like 6 months before hand. The cry of the supposed enlightened masses on those pages has become "UTFS." I'm not sure it's such a grave sin to start a new topic on something that's been previously discussed, especially by people who don't spend most of their time on one message board or another.

I agree.

Had I been reprimanded for such petty issues, I would never have posted here again.

Chill out on it, dude. Are you capable of posting anything that is not criticism of other posters?

I am going to say this one more time nicely - I would rather someone else moderate me besides you.

If one looks at other message boards, one will see that it is common to point out that a thread has already been posted. Also - I am answering questions by pointing people to a thread that may answer their questions. I am not jumping on people. If a thread can be found using the SEARCH box, and is not yet in the archives, that I feel it should used - instead of starting another thread.

You might disagree, but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't. I actually find it kind of annoying. Of course, your posts here are definitely not unique to just this message board. No matter what message board you go to, you'll almost certainly find your doppelganger letting people know that what they want to discuss was discussed like 6 months before hand. The cry of the supposed enlightened masses on those pages has become "UTFS." I'm not sure it's such a grave sin to start a new topic on something that's been previously discussed, especially by people who don't spend most of their time on one message board or another.

Well put. And thanks. :thumbup

But what's UTFS??

I am going to say this one more time nicely - I would rather someone else moderate me besides you.

If one looks at other message boards, one will see that it is common to point out that a thread has already been posted. Also - I am answering questions by pointing people to a thread that may answer their questions. I am not jumping on people. If a thread can be found using the SEARCH box, and is not yet in the archives, that I feel it should used - instead of starting another thread.

But why? Why are you making it your life's work? Why do you care so much? We're all here to have a discussion and a good time. Sometimes it's not about getting the quickest answer, it's about having a dialogue...

OK, people.....

Yes, there are some who come around more often than others, and are more familiar with topics that have previously been covered. I believe A-man is merely trying to provide you with the link to an earlier thread (from not too long ago) so that you can read other people's opinions on a subject that has already been discussed; not belittle anyone.

There is also a Search function at the top of the page which is a great way to find out if you are making a duplicate thread before you post.

I enjoyed REM's Unplugged.

That was indeed a great Unplugged. The new Bon Jovi one, however, leaves a lot to be desired. A caught bits and pieces last night on VH1 and CMT, and it was just kind of sad. I loved Bon Jovi when I was a kid, and still really dig a lot of the stuff from the Slippery When Wet/New Jersey era, but the Unplugged kind of sucked. I think the string section was a bit much. I thought the original idea behind Unplugged was to see a band stripped down, not dolled up with strings, etc. The Lauryn Hill unplugged was great.

As far as Wilco unplugged...even if that were to never happen, the solo Jeff shows give us a great idea of what they might be like. The Living Room shows especially are wonderful.

Through much great personal strength and prayer, I have found the willpower to resist posting about Terry Shiavo here.

I understand the difference between Wilco and MTV. But if, by chance, Wilco appeared on Unplugged, what difference would that make to Wilco? Does that make their music bad all of a sudden?

well umm if that happened the fact that wilco went on fucking mtv would completely turn them off to me.

well umm if that happened the fact that wilco went on fucking mtv would completely turn them off to me.

i'm kinda wishing they'd go on Mtv suddenly. i wonder if you ever bore yourself with the expectation that wilco owes you something besides decent music/concerts from albums you either take for free or buy?

this is a well worn wondering and struggle. it ain't new. it ain't clever. it's just what it is. everyone knows Mtv sucks. everyone hopefully knows that wilco will most likely not be on Mtv anyway. everyone knows the dice are loaded. everyone knows that the good guys lost. but i enjoy you carving little facts in stone for us...we know we can count you out should they ever do an unplugged. you will be so sick and disgusted you won't even watch. i'm having my people write up a document for you to sign momentarily.

and this is my new favorite thread.