MTV flips the switch back on for 'Unplugged'

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that old one is in the right section and this one isn't.

:hmm

How is this a non-Wilco related post? The fact that Wilco is NOT a part of the announced lineup

but should be is why it is a Wilco related post.

And yes, I'm aware that the Police and JM have slightly more fans. It's not really a popularity

contest though is it?

How is this a non-Wilco related post? The fact that Wilco is NOT a part of the announced lineup

but should be is why it is a Wilco related post.

And yes, I'm aware that the Police and JM have slightly more fans. It's not really a popularity

contest though is it?

slightly? the police are doing multiple dates in sold out stadiums. and Mayer sells out arenas. wilco sells out theaters, most of the time. I'd say there's more than a slight difference between the fanbases.

and it's totally a popularity contest. MTV wants to air the band that'll pull in the most viewers.

I like Wilco far too much to risk blasting them into space. Shit ain't safe.

If memory serves, (which is a bit hazy) didn't Unplugged start getting a bit desperate for bands at the end of their run? I want to say I saw some pretty lame ass bands in the final season of the show, bands that had not been established, nor have any street cred as far as importance in Rock Music. Of course, I am pretty much always wrong when it comes to these matters, but point being, I think Wilco would be incredible. I also think they would sound EXACTLY the same Unplugged as they do Plugged, which I guess defeats the purpose, and makes me love them even more just making that point.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/06/22/s...e.ap/index.html

I can't believe Jeff Tweedy wasn't part of the team that went up in space to the space station!!!

This is also Wilco related news.

The fact that Wilco are NOT astronauts but should be is why its a Wilco related post.

There's an astronaut on one of their shirts you can buy at the shows. Therefore, anything NASA related is Wilco related.

It would be "gross," apparently.

Greatest MTV Unplugged performance EVER.

Actually, I still can't believe how downright bad it is. If there was ever a reason NOT to bring unplugged back (a counter to Clapton and Nirvana, if you will) that video is it.

I can't look at Youtube at work, but unless that's Sheryl Crow singing "D'yer Mak'r," or it's something I haven't seen, I may have to take issue with your claim.

Well the difference is Wilco is awesome and MTV sucks. If I recall (I don't have cable) MTV stopped playing music years ago, and what little they have is all crunk. I don't really think the MTV audience (12-20 year old, pop culture consumers) has Wilco written all over it. Now if Justin Timberlake did an unplugged that shit would be on!

Well the difference is Wilco is awesome and MTV sucks. If I recall (I don't have cable) MTV stopped playing music years ago, and what little they have is all crunk. I don't really think the MTV audience (12-20 year old, pop culture consumers) has Wilco written all over it. Now if Justin Timberlake did an unplugged that shit would be on!

I understand the difference between Wilco and MTV. But if, by chance, Wilco appeared on Unplugged, what difference would that make to Wilco? Does that make their music bad all of a sudden?

After talking to my wife's 17-year-old cousin about music last week, I wish there was more exposure for good bands through these outlets.

The only reason to watch the Jovi Unplugged is that Richie Sambora was so drunk that he kept flubbing his parts and the band had to keep repeating songs. He checked into rehab the next day.

It's also comical they way Bon Jovi "reworks" songs. He takes all of his cues from Springsteen, but while Bruce will do an acoustic version of "Born in the USA," Jovi does a comically slowed-down version of "Living on a Prayer."

How much ya bench?

I'm a woman, so my upper-body strength is somewhat limited.

And I didn't intend my reply to sound "macho"... but really, why do you insist on making people who use this board casually and as an outlet feel bad? I checked your last few posts, and they are all reprimanding people for posting in the wrong forum/thread. It's kind of an unwelcoming attitude for those who don't come around as often as you do.