Kalle is Toronto bound

Well folks in a few days my dad my brother and I will be making the 8 hour drive from the Sault down to Toronto to see Wilco for the second straight year. This also happens to be my younger brothers first Wilco and first "real" concert. Last year my dad and I saw the guys in Toronto and London and I guess this is becoming somewhat of an annual event :D But along with this being Wilco's second straight year playing the legendary Massey Hall it also marks the one year anniversary of What Light being played live, and how perfect would it be for the show to end with it, mass singalong style! But some things that this year's attendee's need to keep in mind are:

-us Canadians are too polite, rambunctiousness is encouraged! We need no invitation this time!

-seats are overrated and bring down the energy of the show. ie. MASSEY HALL RUSH THE STAGE

-If the previous two points are not obtained Jeff calls us "Motherf*ckers"!

But my real point is that I hope everyone is going to have a fun time. I'll be sitting in RCF row F seat 44 (aisle) and I'll stick around after the show and say hi to Jeff and the band so if anyone from VC wants to come say hi I encourage it! See you guys there!

If you get to meet Glenn remind him that Rush's "All The World's A Stage" album was recorded at Massey Hall. :thumbup

Have fun!!

I wish I could share my love for music with my parents,they just don't get.That's really cool,I'm jealous.

... and that bobfrombob was there on one of the three nights they recorded for the album

:worship Wow. That is effin' excellent!

Have a rockin' time, Kalle! :dancing

Massey is a great venue, I've seen Bruce Cockburn and Bryan Ferry there in recent years. That said, Aronoff Ctr is like a modern version of Massey....and the Cinci show was outstanding. I'm glad I got to see Wilco while I was there-- the Cdn ticket prices are a bit steep for my budget right now.

T-Minus two days! Last year at Massey had quite a celebrity contingent. Ron Sexsmith, Jason Collet I believe and some tennis player. I met Ron Sexsmith after seeing him at the Mariposa Folk Festival last year and we talked about Wilco for a good half hour. He's a huge Wilco fan and you can see the influence the band has had on him.

My b/f and I are heading up from Nova Scotia on Thursday morning. Super stoked. We're sitting in Row G seats 40,41 I believe. We're definitely gonna hang around after the show to try and meet the guys, so no doubt we'll meet up. I atleast want another guitar pic for my collection, but to meet Jeff and the boys would be unreal.

Everyone have a great long weekend. :canada

See you at the front of the stage!

My b/f and I are heading up from Nova Scotia on Thursday morning. Super stoked. We're sitting in Row G seats 40,41 I believe. We're definitely gonna hang around after the show to try and meet the guys, so no doubt we'll meet up. I atleast want another guitar pic for my collection, but to meet Jeff and the boys would be unreal.

Everyone have a great long weekend. :canada

See you at the front of the stage!

I'll say hi!

Well folks this is the last update you'll get out of me, I'll be leaving very early tomorrow so I'll tell you all about the show and my endeavors when I get back on Monday night. Anyone wanna come say hi, again, I'm row F seat 44 (aisle) and I'll be hanging around after the show. See you guys later!

P.S. Guys (I know I know not the last update lol) but Saturday if anyone is in the downtown area you guys should really check out the Sam The Record Man. It's the final day open for the legendary record store and I hear there will be some people showing up for the final day, I know I'll be there! Bye guys.

Unfortunately Sam can't compete with Music World or HMV -- even if it does have a better atmosphere. Back in september I purchased Summerteeth there for like 12 bucks. I guess the end is in sight.

This is my first concert at Massey Hall (my second real concert -- first being The Tragically Hip back in February).

As such, I don't know the customs of the venue. I understand what rush the stage is, but I'm assuming I can't partake from the 2nd balc.