New Wilco Podcast

when i click "solid sound edition" on the site, it just takes me to the podcast page. even right clicking, there is no option to download file... hmmm, maybe still working out the bugs? anyone else having this issue?

Can you guys play this? I can't. I have the Wilco podcast on my iTunes and I just went in to update it, then I tried looking for all available episodes, but I'm not able to get this one. I also tried playing it directly from the roadcase but I get no sound. I must be overlooking something obvious, but I can't figure it out. Any help out there?

I also subscribe through iTunes, and the new episode isn't popping up there. I'm pretty sure they can't be played directly from the website - only through a platform like iTunes or another subscription service...

Do you need another reason to love this band? I just sent an email to support@wilcoworld.net to let them know the new podcast entry isn't working, and instead of the usual automated response, I got this in 2 minutes:

Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 3:55 PM

To: xxxx

Cc: support@wilcoworld.net

Subject: Re: Solid Sound podcast doesn't seem to be working

we will check into it.. can get back to you.. thanks for the heads up

ken

WILCO HQ

hq@wilcoworld.net

No, I don't think it's fixed yet, but can you believe a real response from a real person in 2 minutes?

Two things I love about this thread:

First, this little time-capsule of a statement:

I've just started getting into Nels' non-Wilco work...

:lol

And the valiant searcher who managed to dredge up a three-year-old thread instead of starting a new one.

There's a new "Solid Sound Edition" of the Wilco podcast up: http://wilcoworld.net/roadcase/podcast/

Seriously, I love that!

Haven't downloaded the podcast yet, though. :twitchsmile

Two things I love about this thread:

First, this little time-capsule of a statement:

:lol

And the valiant searcher who managed to dredge up a three-year-old thread instead of starting a new one.

Seriously, I love that!

Haven't downloaded the podcast yet, though. :twitchsmile

Hey, I do what I can. I'm trying to let go of the fear of being lashed out at for starting a new thread when there's a previously existing one buried in the pages...I've seen it happen.

I knew there was a reason to be up late. Just got the message from wilcoworld that the new podcast was finally available--listening to it now. Fighting the urge to skip ahead through the songs and listen to Jeff's . . . uhhh. . . unrehearsed intros and comments.

Just got it working this morning too. Here's some details on how I finally got it to play...

Got the Wilco HQ e-mail and clicked on the provided link, which took me a page to subscribe to the podcast in my Google Reader. Tried listening through the embedded player in Reader, but it didn't work. Went to wilcoworld and tried to grab it through that route, to no avail. Checked my iTunes podcast, didn't show a new podcast available yet. Went back to the Reader, saw that there's a link to the original source audio, an M4A file, right-clicked, downloaded, dragged it into iTunes and am now listening.

And yes, Jeff's really nailing the intros...

Just got it working this morning too. Here's some details on how I finally got it to play...

Got the Wilco HQ e-mail and clicked on the provided link, which took me a page to subscribe to the podcast in my Google Reader. Tried listening through the embedded player in Reader, but it didn't work. Went to wilcoworld and tried to grab it through that route, to no avail. Checked my iTunes podcast, didn't show a new podcast available yet. Went back to the Reader, saw that there's a link to the original source audio, an M4A file, right-clicked, downloaded, dragged it into iTunes and am now listening.

And yes, Jeff's really nailing the intros...

Yes, that's exactly how to do it. . . when I think back on what I had to do. (But my explanation would have gone something like this: Click on the link, then keep doubleclicking or right clicking on anything that pops up until you finally get it to work.) I think your way of explaining it was just a smidge better than mine. But maybe that's why I still can't figure out how to do bittorrent. :frusty

greetings friends.

A quick note that we've just finished the Special Solid Sound edition Wilco Podcast, this time featuring Jeff Tweedy's take on the music, the festival, and more. You can get it here.

Tickets are still available for the festival here, where you'll also find info about transport, hotels and more.

3 days of Wilco and friends in the beautiful, cool (as in not hot) Berkshires. What better way to spend a late summer weekend?

it's just a week away. See you there?

the HQ staff.

Listening to this as I complete my Mid-year review for work and took a break from looking back and rating the past six months of my professional life to say this: I fucking love him. "Numero?... Num-ere-oh? Nuremberg?." Classic.

And I really like Pronto. Mikael should sing more.