New Wilco Podcast

"Wilco guitarist Nels Cline plays nearly two hours worth of some of his favorite music by he and his comrades."

It's a 100MB download you can get from here:

feed://feeds.feedburner.com/WilcoPodcast

Or right click and save this link:

http://wilcoworld.net/podcast/wilco_podcast_070407.m4a

Some people may have to edit the file from .m4a.txt to .m4a, but it sounds fun.

The podcast starts off with full band versions of Sunken Treasure and Radio Cure.

It seems as though they took it down after putting it up. Perhaps its not ready yet? It says in their news section "We're putting the finishing touches on a nearly two hour long episode of the Wilco podcast with Nels Cline playing Guest DJ."

But I guess I'm the only one they allowed to download it. :shifty

Here's the tracklist, as best as I could make it out:

Wilco

1. Sunken Treasure (Live Full Band, but acoustic style)

2. Radio Cure (Live)

3. Hummingbird (Soma version)

4. Please Be Patient With Me

Nels Cline Projects

5. The Fools - Jeff Gauthier Goatette - Mask

6. Snowy (about a cat) - Scarnella - Scarnella

7. Antioch - A Thousand Other Names - A Thousand Other Names

8. Angel of Angels - Nels Cline Singers - Draw Breath (upcoming release)

Pals

9. Pieces of a Mirror - Alex Cline Ensemble - Sparks Fly Upward

10. Juba's Run - Fields - John Carter

Rock and Roll

11. Heartbeat - Mike Watt - Ball-Hog or Tugboat?

12. Lilybelle - Geraldine Fibbers - Lost Somewhere Between the Earth and My Home

13. Aho bomb - Deerhoof

14. Shots and Ladders - Low - Trust

Thanks for posting this. The link from Wilco's site was still to John's podcast when I checked yesterday. I've just started getting into Nels' non-Wilco work, and this is a great sampler. I've been really enjoying a few of the tracks off of The Giant Pin lately, and I just got the new Nels Cline Singers album. It's been a long time since a musician's work has blown me away as much as his work has.

I love that Scarnella album, it's all over the place in it's greatness.

I just came across this photo that I took with an early digital camera at the very first Scarnella show in Portland, OR, on June 4th, 1998. They recorded the album a few days later in Seattle. I agree - it's a great one.

scarnella.jpg

Ok, so I listened to Nel's podcast and enjoyed it. My i-tunes list then played John's from last time. I love that Moby Grape cover that Wilco did for the B-Side of Box Full of Letters. Anyway, I wanted to see if I could find the MP3 and sure as heck, here it is:

http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com/2007/06/po...from-wilco.html

dcd

who knew that nels didn't play on "please be patient with me"??

ok, i'm sure if i'd read my sky blue sky liner notes, but this was an interesting tidbit to hear on the podcast. am at the Scarnella section now, have a ways to go.

i cant seem to play back the file.... real player updated a few things but still couldnt play it after that and Media player did the same... any ideas? :cheers

Winamp(free version plays and burns everything even SHN exept mp3) .VLC (free aswell) best for video material.However I prever jetAudio.BTW I didn't succeed finding anything on "Ian Dury".AOL,Alta Vista,AllMusic.Don't think a song with such title excists. Stay hungry stay alive(Springsteen)-Howdy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

There's a new "Solid Sound Edition" of the Wilco podcast up: http://wilcoworld.ne...adcase/podcast/

Can you guys play this? I can't. I have the Wilco podcast on my iTunes and I just went in to update it, then I tried looking for all available episodes, but I'm not able to get this one. I also tried playing it directly from the roadcase but I get no sound. I must be overlooking something obvious, but I can't figure it out. Any help out there?