I just saw ylt at the tastefest in Detroit. Nothing like a sweet-ass band playing a free concert! It was my first time seeing them--AMAZING show :worship . I can't wait til they're in town again. Cheap Trick is playing tomorrow...might mosey on over to that show.

Yeah these guys are probably my second favorite live band but just by inches. I just sort of on impulse decided to go see them at Bonnaroo in 2004, after Wilco finished and I caught the end of Ani DiFranco, mainly because I wanted to be in a tent instead of standing out in the sun to see Dylan. I had never heard a not of their music, but figured what the hell. They were incredible, I went and bought Summer Sun and I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One out of the merchandise tent and have been a big fan ever since.

These two you tube links are essential viewing

The greatest music video ever made, in my humble opinion:

and

--Mike

Me and my band had the honour to open for them on a couple of dates last november in France. They blew our minds, I still can't believe it. Pass The Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind live is such an intense experience.

Among my best memories of those shows, was to witness the soundcheck where they did a couple of tracks from Zuma (Don't Cry No Tears and Barstool Blues). We were the only one apart from their roadies in front of them so it felt like a private gift for us.

Also my amp blew up during our soundcheck so they offered to use theirs as well as their bass amp. they are the sweetest guys.

Oh and to finish they did in one encore a cover of Sun Ra (something about nuclear bombs) I'd love to hear this again so if anyone knows which song I'm taking about, point me to the right direction please.

Me and my band had the honour to open for them on a couple of dates last november in France. They blew our minds, I still can't believe it. Pass The Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind live is such an intense experience.

Among my best memories of those shows, was to witness the soundcheck where they did a couple of tracks from Zuma (Don't Cry No Tears and Barstool Blues). We were the only one apart from their roadies in front of them so it felt like a private gift for us.

Also my amp blew up during our soundcheck so they offered to use theirs as well as their bass amp. they are the sweetest guys.

Oh and to finish they did in one encore a cover of Sun Ra (something about nuclear bombs) I'd love to hear this again so if anyone knows which song I'm taking about, point me to the right direction please.

Nuclear War is the name of that Sun Ra song. They released 4 versions on vinyl/CD sometime in '02. I have that on my computer so expect a link soon. Sounds like you had quite an experience! I've been a fan for some years now; I expected a 'decent' show but they brought forth some serious shock and awe tactics on that stage!

The greatest music video ever made, in my humble opinion:

and

--Mike

Haha, that's good stuff! I love David Cross. Thanks for sharing!

• 5 months later...

Nuclear War

It's a motherfucker

I haven't heard the YLT version of this, but I would love to!

I've always dug YLT, but there records have never hold up for me on repeated listen with the exception of there first Fakebook.

Have you listened to I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass?

I've always dug YLT, but there records have never hold up for me on repeated listen with the exception of there first Fakebook.

fakebook was album number four. "ride the tiger" came first in 1986, followed by "new wave hotdogs" and "yo la tengo for president" in 1987. they got around to fakebook in 1990. fakebook is a really great album though...you got that part right.

spongebob

I don't really like Fakebook.

[obnoxious music board braggadacio]That's because YOU'RE WRONG!!!![/obnoxious music board braggadacio]

I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One will come with me to a desert island if I can only grab 10 cds.

Does anyone know how to play Tom Courtenay on guitar? If you do, and you want me to be your best friend forever, please head over to the Lyrics & Tab section of VC and post in my thread.