the national fall tour

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought my tickets. Anybody else going?

:wave

I'll see you there Mr. Teacherman!

And through talking with the Twilight Sad at their show in Madison (phenominal btw), they confirmed they'd be opening some of the dates of this tour! I just hope Milwaukee's on that list....

:wave

I'll see you there Mr. Teacherman!

And through talking with the Twilight Sad at their show in Madison (phenominal btw), they confirmed they'd be opening some of the dates of this tour! I just hope Milwaukee's on that list....

my friend Steve wasn't all that impressed with that show:

http://www.reveillemag.com/reviews/concert...errace-07-13-07

when I saw the Twilight Sad at PFork fest I wasnt impressed either. maybe they werent meant for a 1 p.m. time or outdoors. but as your friend mentioned the guy pretty much refused to face the audience. the only time ive really ever seen a lead singer not face directly in front to the audience was when it was an arena and there people behind.

when I saw the Twilight Sad at PFork fest I wasnt impressed either. maybe they werent meant for a 1 p.m. time or outdoors. but as your friend mentioned the guy pretty much refused to face the audience. the only time ive really ever seen a lead singer not face directly in front to the audience was when it was an arena and there people behind.

funny, i thought twilight sad kicked ass at pitchfork.

9/13 okkervil river

9/14 & 15 monolith festival

9/17 arcade fire/lcd soundsystem

9/18 the national

what a weekend that is gonna be...

well, i can't quite match you, but:

Fri, Sep 14

To: DENVER, CO (DEN) Arrives: 7:32am

Wed, Sep 19

To: MINNEAPOLIS ST PL, MN (MSP) Arrives: 12:25pm

:dancing

:yay

i almost hate to tell you this, but i just found out that james hunter in playing in boulder 9/19. EDIT - though maybe he'll be in MN shortly after that... you always seem to be either a few days before or a few days after us on the national tours...

and more to add to my initial excitement:

devendra banhart 9/10

rilo kiley 9/11

guster 9/20

two gallants 9/22

forget the weekend, it's gonna be a hell of a two weeks!!!

:yay

i almost hate to tell you this, but i just found out that james hunter in playing in boulder 9/19. EDIT - though maybe he'll be in MN shortly after that... you always seem to be either a few days before or a few days after us on the national tours...

and more to add to my initial excitement:

devendra banhart 9/10

rilo kiley 9/11

guster 9/20

two gallants 9/22

forget the weekend, it's gonna be a hell of a two weeks!!!

haha, nah, i don't have that many vacation days either (i just started my current job back in April)

but yeah, hopefully he comes here again. i've seen him twice in the last year and both were fantastic.

i'm missing Rilo & Devendra in Mpls for Monolith, oh well ;)

woot! atl on a sat, think i'm going to visit some family!

Come on down!

This is a BIG step up in venue for The National. They just played here last month at the EARL - I dunno, maybe 225 or so there. Variety Playhouse holds 1000 or so.

Did anyone see The National play "Fake Empire" on Letterman last night? Pretty good performance.

I caught it last night, and, since it was saved on my DVR, just watched it again. Fantastic performance.

Some Guy Posting on YouTube:

Comments & Responses Post a video response

Post a text comment

alicatali (11 hours ago)

aw, yay. I heard this song while sitting on the toilet in the mall the other day... it was weird. I'm glad The National have made it to that level though. The bathroom music level...