Chicago 9/12 Show Roll Call and Requests.

This thread is just a roll call of those attending the 9/12 show in Millennium Park in Chicago. Also, we were talking in the XRT thread about how cool it would be if they took requests since this is a charity show. Even though it is unlikely, Wilco is rumored to read these threads (how else would they know about Froggie?), so lets just put one song you would like to hear if you had your choice. I hope this thread does well.

I will be in Sec. 106 row U (I am pretty sure) and I would love to hear them belt out "When The Roses Bloom Again".

:thumbup

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is just a roll call of those attending the 9/12 show in Millennium Park in Chicago. Also, we were talking in the XRT thread about how cool it would be if they took requests since this is a charity show. Even though it is unlikely, Wilco is rumored to read these threads (how else would they know about Froggie?), so lets just put one song you would like to hear if you had your choice. I hope this thread does well. I will be in Sec. 106 row U (I am pretty sure) and I would love to hear them belt out "When The Roses Bloom Again". :thumbup
should have been in love

I am now starting to wonder, with how fast the tickets sold out for this thing, how much I could get on ebay for the two 9th row center tickets I've got...

I know that's an awful thought, but I'm in a major job transition and may be desperate for funds in September.

Is it worth giving up the Wilco?

I would also suggest just selling them at face value - since this show is a charity show.

Really...everyone who is hawking these as scalpers should be ashamed of themselves....again see my link to Chicago Coalition for the Homeless.... If we have any requests...that should be the first one...that people try and treat this show with a bit of respect.....

LouieB

If we have any requests...that should be the first one...that people try and treat this show with a bit of respect.....

Right, I think it sucks that people have tickets on eBay for hundreds of dollars. And the same people selling them on eBay are one of the reasons why it's so hard to us fans to score tickets.

Honestly. I've been checking WilcoWorld.net at every possible time because I knew a chicago show was coming, and the tickets get swiped out from under me.

If being a Wilco fan is going to cost me $120 a ticket from now on, I may have to just spend every chicago show listening to archives of shows I have in my basement.

I posted in the 'Got Extras?' section, but I suppose I can make another plea here. . . I need one if you got it. McMikeD@gmail.com

They were playing Monday quite a bit last year. As of right now the 10/04 performance at Purdue was the most recent one though.

Ideal set for me (combining the most likely to be played with a few more obscure hopes):

Side With The Seeds

Shot In The Arm

Late Greats

IATTBYH

War On War

You Are My Face

Impossible Germany

When The Roses Bloom Again

Hate It Here

Sky Blue Sky

Box Full Of Letters

Jesus etc.

Handshake Drugs

ALTWYS

ITMWLY

Pot Kettle Black

Hummingbird

Walken

Poor Places>

Reservations

Airline To Heaven

Monday

I'm Always In Love

I'm A Wheel

On & On

Is that too much to ask?

I've had enough of Spiders to last a looooooong time. So one of my requests for the show is an absence of that song. I'm pretty sure they've played it at every single show I've been to for the past two or three years now.

And I'm just assuming here, but I'm pretty sure IATTBYH hasn't been out of a setlist for 5 years now, so I'd be willing to bet my bank account on hearing it that night.