Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After that, they all went into "Keep the Car Running," a hard-hitting track from Arcade Fire's magnificent Neon Bible. [stream the album version here.] We're always hoping for more covers in the set, any chance this one stays in? No? Well, the chances weren't good that it'd get played in the first place, either... so we can dream. In any case, quite a curveball in the indie band's homeland, and a cross-generational mingling of talent on par with the R.E.M. team-up of 2004.

Pretty cool.

Has anybody ever noticed that "Keep Your Car Running" has the same chord changes and melody as "On the Dark Side" by John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band, everyone's favorite B Street Band?

Pretty cool.

Has anybody ever noticed that "Keep Your Car Running" has the same chord changes and melody as "On the Dark Side" by John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band, everyone's favorite B Street Band?

*nod*

it got brought up a few times when the album came out :thumbup

ARCADE FIRE, WALK WITH ME

Wanna see Bruce and the Arcade Fire's Win Butler together again? Just wait for the December issue of Spin, which will feature the pair on the cover. According to Spin.com, "Springsteen and Butler hooked up last week in New Jersey at a shoot for the December cover, and they sat down for a joint interview with deputy editor Steve Kandell. 'Bruce invited them to play in Jersey, but Win and Regine had to get back to Montreal,' says Kandell. 'They were hoping Ottawa would work out, and it clearly did.'"

• 5 weeks later...

I'm now 2 for 3 on the pit lottery thing...... elbows on the stage for this (albiet way off to the side, but still)

Albany, November 15:

1. Radio Nowhere

2. No Surrender

3. Lonesome Day

4. Gypsy Biker

5. Magic

6. Reason To Believe

7. Darkness

8. Candy's Room

9. Shes the One

10. Living in the Future

11. Promised Land

12. I'll Work For Your Love

13. 4TH of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)

14. E-Street Shuffle

15. Devils Arcade

16. The Rising

17. Last to Die

18. Long Walk Home

19. Badlands

20. Girls in their Summer Clothes

21. Thunder Road

22. Born To Run

23. Dancing in the Dark

24. American Land

I just picked up a GA ticket for Rochester on March 6. This will be my first time seeing him, so I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll be able to get a good spot--I almost bought a seat, then threw it back and figured I'd try one more time for a GA.

That will be my first time seeing him in 2008 :D

GA is the right call for sure. Show up before 5 for a chance at the pit lottery and go with no expectations. If you don't get lucky in the lottery, you won't be disappointed. Find a spot near the soundboard with lots of room, good sound and good sightlines. It will be a great show. If you do get lucky, it will be beyond great. See ya there.

Night one: Didn't get into the main pit, but was third row after it, so not bad at all. Setlist was pretty standard and I was dissapointed in the lack of songs from the first two albums. Then he busts out a tear-inducing Jungleland in the encore and all is forgiven. Still have big expectations for tonight, though!

No fewer than THREE songs from The wild and innocent (apparently for the first time since 1980!!) makes night two a winner. Oh, and darkness > candy's room, a tour premiere of 10th ave freeze out and an excellent night. Should also mention that "this hard land" premiered, but I think that's a pretty mediocre song and would have preferred something else from tracks (esp. disc two). But all in all, a great show!

and the tour rolls on.....

February 28 Hartford, CT HCC Arena (On sale now)

March 2 Montreal, QC Bell Centre (Nov. 24)

March 3 Hamilton, ONT Copps Coliseum (Nov. 23)

March 6 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena (Sold out)

March 7 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena (On sale now)

March 10 Hempstead, NY Nassau Coliseum (Jan. 19)

March 14 Omaha, NE Quest Center (Dec. 8)

March 16 St. Paul, MN Xcel Center (On sale now)

March 17 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center (Nov. 26)

March 20 Indianapolis, IN Canseco Center (Dec. 8)

March 22 Cincinnati, OH U.S. Bank Arena (Dec. 1)

March 24 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center (Dec. 1)

March 28 Portland, OR The Rose Garden (Dec. 8)

March 29 Seattle, WA Key Arena (Dec. 8)

March 31 Vancouver, BC GM Place (Nov. 30)

April 4 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena (Jan. 19)

April 5 San Jose, CA HPPavillion at San Jose (Jan. 21)

April 7 Anaheim, CA Honda Center (On sale now)

April 8 Anaheim, CA Honda Center (On sale now)

April 13 Dallas, TX TBA (TBA)

April 14 Houston, TX TBA (TBA)

April 18 Ft Lauderdale, FL Bank Atlantic Center (Dec. 1)

April 19 Orlando, FL Amway Arena (Dec. 1)

April 21 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum (Dec. 1)

April 25 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena (On sale now)

April 27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcat Arena (Dec. 7)

April 28 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum (Dec. 7)

April 30 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena (TBA)

Federici Has Melanoma, Takes E Street Hiatus

Danny Federici

November 21, 2007, 11:25 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Keyboardist Danny Federici, an original member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, is taking a leave of absence from the group while undergoing treatment for melanoma.

Beginning Sunday (Nov. 24) in Madrid, Federici will be replaced by Charles Giordano, who previously played in Springsteen's Sessions band.

On Monday in Boston, the E Street Band's set list was tilted toward material with which Federici is closely associated, including "Kitty's Back," "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" and "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)."

"Danny is one of the pillars of our sound and has played beside me as a great friend for more than 40 years," Springsteen said in a statement. "We all eagerly await his healthy and speedy return."

Besides Springsteen, Federici is one of just two other original E Street members, including saxophonist Clarence Clemons and bassist Garry Tallent.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep. I'm extremely excited.

Dudebro, that's cool ... glad you're getting the chance. I daresay you won't be disappointed (having seen him for the first time myself less than a month ago).