anyone on here got one of these, or used one a bit??

im getting fed up of using the amps where our band rehearse, theres a different couple in the room each time, just pot luck sometimes ok sometimes bad, mostly broken

tempted by the small price of these, the other guitarist uses a 40 watt Fender Deluxe

is the peavey loud enough?

and how many knobs do they have?

cheers

Great sound and loud enough,also probably the same price or cheaper is the Fender Pro Jr.,I'm trading in all my amps to get a blonde Jr. with BillM mods.Thoese little amps blow anything out of the water 5 times their price.

Edit:No one really needs an amp over 30 watts

Great sound and loud enough,also probably the same price or cheaper is the Fender Pro Jr.,I'm trading in all my amps to get a blonde Jr. with BillM mods.Thoese little amps blow anything out of the water 5 times their price.

Edit:No one really needs an amp over 30 watts

That's true (with the possible exception of folks who play outdoor gigs without running the amps through a PA). The Pro Jr. is only 15 watts. That might not be enough volume depending on the style of music. Also, if you play clean a lot you might want more than 15 watts.

I've never heard anyone complain about the Peavey Classic 30. They are some of the praised mass produced amps out there.

i did the recording of our bands EP with a Blues Junior?, or maybe a Pro Junior, im not sure of the difference but it was a small 15 watt fender that belonged to our friend, it was incredible and i loved that way it had hardly any knobs but 15 watt may be a little quiet

i think ill try and find somewhere with a C30 in stock and give it a whirl

i did the recording of our bands EP with a Blues Junior?, or maybe a Pro Junior, im not sure of the difference but it was a small 15 watt fender that belonged to our friend, it was incredible and i loved that way it had hardly any knobs but 15 watt may be a little quiet

i think ill try and find somewhere with a C30 in stock and give it a whirl

If it only had two knobs (volume and tone) it was a Pro Jr. Blues Jr. has reverb, and bass, mid & treble knobs instead of just a single tone knob. Also, it has a 12" speaker. The Pro Jr has a 10" speaker.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had a Peavy Classic 50 as my main road/stage amp for almost 9 years now. Its a nice amp, and it can take a beating like nobodys business.

I've been looking at these, I like that it has a standby switch...unlike the Classic 30.

How are the clean tones out of both of these amps? I have been looking to upgrade to something around this range for a while now, but haven't had a chance to play a lot of things (due to being in the middle of the Iowa).

Awesome.

The Pro Jr. is only 15 watts. That might not be enough volume depending on the style of music. Also, if you play clean a lot you might want more than 15 watts.

I was thinking of the Blues Jr........Sorry. I played one w/ the billm mods and it played like nothing else.Asking price is 500.00 for the one I played, but can go up depending on what mods you get.The pressence nob mod sounds Like a deluxe.I think it might only be a 15 watt amp but done right it sounds like no other amp.

Are there any mods for Peavey amps right now?With a little tweaking it could be an amp to hold on to.

Just as an aside...not all 30-watt amps are gonna play at the same loudness. The speaker enters the equation as well. I think there are three main factors--

Amplifier power output

Speaker sensitivity - how loud at various volume settings; given as e.g. 94dB/1w/meter

Max SPL - given as e.g. 112dB

Same goes with smaller Watt amps also.A combo sounds way more boxy then a head unit.But then again it usally equals w/ the mods in combos compared to a head unit price.

• 1 month later...

I broke down and bought a classic 30 the other day. I wen't back to the shop where I played that moded blues jr, and the bastard sold it. I stormed out of the shop and headed down to my buddies store, more of a music chain, but he had just got in this used Peavey that was re tubed. Wen't home and grabed my tele a headed back up. Played for a while and was blown away by the sound and the price he gave me................so I bought the damn thing and love it! Right at 300.00. not bad.