The Soft Drugs...free music

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That paragraph is from the Fourth Amendment. The one you're thinking of is from the Second Amendment.

ah, thank you. that is helpful. it seems that a marriage between amendments 2 and 4 - the right to bear arms and the right to be secure in their persons, property and houses from seizure.

it's still possible that the self-defense "defense" is a state-granted privilege.

I don't believe there is any federal constitutional protection for using self-defense. It is generally a state-specific statutory defense that operates to excuse certain violent behavior when the actor's life or property is facing immediate harm.

Yes, self-defense is an affirmative defense which, if found to be credible, will negate criminal or civil liability, even if it is proven that the defendant committed the acts he/she is accused of. Other exampls of affirmative defenses are entrapment and insanity and soft drugs.

Yes, self-defense is an affirmative defense which, if found to be credible, will negate criminal or civil liability, even if it is proven that the defendant committed the acts he/she is accused of. Other exampls of affirmative defenses are entrapment and insanity and soft drugs.

i love it. thanks! but could you clear up its constitutionality?

I don't believe there is any federal constitutional protection for using self-defense. It is generally a state-specific statutory defense that operates to excuse certain violent behavior when the actor's life or property is facing immediate harm.

Thank you. I thought I missed that day in school.

Looks like TM is an official VCer now...I hear he plans to send out free copies of his CD to everyone also....

LouieB

hehe - it's TW, not TM. unless using the wrong name is another form of hazing. :)

i will gladly send any of you a free CD if you cover shipping. they look really pretty.

http://www.thesoftdrugs.com/inmoderation/allart_twr001.jpg

I still would like to know if Pedro the Lion was really on Jade Tree or if I'm just remembering it wrong. And then, if the answer is "yes", I'd like to know your thoughts on the Swiz discography. I might have more questions later as well.

I still would like to know if Pedro the Lion was really on Jade Tree or if I'm just remembering it wrong. And then, if the answer is "yes", I'd like to know your thoughts on the Swiz discography. I might have more questions later as well.

yes, we were indeed on jade tree. unfortunately, i am unfamiliar with the music of swiz, so i can't help you there.

yes, we were indeed on jade tree. unfortunately, i am unfamiliar with the music of swiz, so i can't help you there.

Hey spambot - get bent.

(man I wish that could stay up there without a disclaimer - but: that was a joke)

This is the greatest thread ever.

Welcome to VC, TM!

(We of course will all be calling you TM forever.)

And ction, Mr. Peel is partial to Swiz.

yes, i am beginning to realize that i am now and forever TM.

i will need to check out this Swizzle Stix band. they were long broken up by the time i was on the scene. Pedro was always the black sheep on that label. i didn't even have any tattoos until after our last record came out.

TM - how Bostonian are ya?

very. although i don't have too much of an accent anymore. i'm 32. i moved to seattle when i was 28, and moved back earlier this year. i learned quickly to curb my accent, because people would make fun of it. even my best friends. when i looked upset, they would say "no, we love it! really!"...laughing at me all the while. ha ha.

which one? i might be on it.

It's Achilles Heel. There's some real good songs on that one.

Is the band still going, or is David solo now?

It's Achilles Heel. There's some real good songs on that one. Is the band still going, or is David solo now?

i'm all over that one. i wrote track 10, the song "Start Without Me". unfortunately, that album was rushed and didn't reach its potential.dave is solo now. he has a good EP out on barsuk:http://www.barsuk.com/shop/bark065

Sounds like me. I grew up in Weymouth. My wife kyan't undih-stand my sistahs at all.

i feel ya! actually, it took me a while to get used to it again when i moved back....i'm north shore and it's like a different language sometimes.

oh, chicago venues i've played: metro, vic theatre, empty bottle, fireside bowl, abbey pub, schubas

i forgot - i also played a solo show in the back room of an irish pub in 2003, but i can't for the life of me remember the name!

i forgot - i also played a solo show in the back room of an irish pub in 2003, but i can't for the life of me remember the name!

An Irish Pub in Chicago, that should help narrow things down :D. At least you didn't say Boston...

I'm assuming that it's you singing, you sound like a deeper version of Neil Young.

edit: this isn't really my type of music, but it's very good. the sound quality is impressive and the songs are all sharp and thought out. I like the weird percussive/reggae breakdowns and vocal harmonies in there.