Glen drumkit

I just like to know if the Sonor designer series in green sparkle finish with brilliant champagne band has been produced just for Glen or if it's available in some drum stores.

On the sonor website there's not even a picture :dontgetit

I'm talkin about this kit:

glennkotchegeneambo2.jpg

P.s. who knows how many kits he got and the names ?

If I recall correctly, that his the first drum set he got - as a teenager.

No, that's a recent Sonor line so it can't be his first drumset. I think he said in his Modern Drummer cover story that he had Sonor make the drums in that color scheme because they are the colors from the school marching band drum line he was in.

I just like to know if the Sonor designer series in green sparkle finish with brilliant champagne band has been produced just for Glen or if it's available in some drum stores.

As with most of the drum set companies, if those exact sizes aren't available as a shell pack, I'd imagine you could order those specific sizes from Sonor. And, if that's a custom wrap, then you could have a custom wrap done to match it. I've not seen that specific kit in any store/catalog. Now that I think about it, I've not seen many Sonor kits period.

Glenn has been using this clear kit recently, not sure if it's replacing the green kit:

(ksmoke's flickr photo)

Wow, the Sonor website says nothing about acrylic shells, so that could be a custom kit from them or a prototype he's testing for them....or he could have just put the Sonor logo on them :shifty :lol

P.S. John Bonham was fond of acrylic drums

Wow, the Sonor website says nothing about acrylic shells, so that could be a custom kit from them or a prototype he's testing for them....or he could have just put the Sonor logo on them :shifty :lol

It looks like it's put together from Sonor's "designer" series, "X-Ray" line.

Here is some stuff:

http://www.drumpower.com.au/store/product.php?productid=514

http://www.harmony-central.com/articles/mo.../0603_sonor.htm

If I recall correctly, that his the first drum set he got - as a teenager.

That is defiantly not his first kit because I used to own (one of) his teenage kits. Sadly, I had to sell it when I moved cross country, but then again that was before I knew who Wilco was. And he has a lot of percussion instruments.

It looks like the old Ludwig Vistalite (sp?) drum kits. How rad is that bass drum head with the SBS cover!!??! Is Glenn "sponsored" by Sonor?

Those are the most famous acrylic drums and are what Bonham played. And yes, he is sponsored by Sonor(as well as probably a cymbal company and a stick and/or mallet company).

Those are the most famous acrylic drums and are what Bonham played. And yes, he is sponsored by Sonor(as well as probably a cymbal company and a stick and/or mallet company).

I think he has a Zildjian endorsement. I certainly hope so since he uses some of their most expensive jazz cymbals in a rock setting.

Sonor has been doing these since late 60's and early 70's. Ebay has a vintage set for around a grand. someone should jump on this.

Sonor has been doing these since late 60's and early 70's. Ebay has a vintage set for around a grand. someone should jump on this.

I saw something about these being Sonor's first acrylic offerings in twenty years so I guess they stopped doing them in the eighties and then started up again recently. I can't find the ebay set. Somebody snagged it already? :huh

Here's a model called the X-Ray,same set as used by Phil Rudd from AC/DC.ludwig%20073.jpg

And the new SQ2 X-Ray by Sonor

www.bentleydrumshop.com

Maybe this should be moved to Solid State Tech.