• extra cheese
    • spinach
    • tomatoes
    • fruit (pineapple, etc.)
    • other not listed

with everything! :P

If not everything, many things. Examples:

Thai pineapple fried rice ... *drool*

As for pizza, gimme veggies. I'm not a vegetarian, but I love nothing more than a big pile o' veggies. All-time favorite is the veggie on wheat crust from Shakespeare's Pizza in Columbia, MO. Current favorite is the veggie pie at Fletcher's in Belleville, IL. It's a thin crust with red peppers, red onions, fresh mushrooms, artichoke hearts and fresh Parmesan, cooked in a wood-fired oven. Ah, bliss. Add a cold Honker's Ale and I'm good.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep thinking that's a bird on a branch in your avatar, poppy. And I like it.

It does look like a bird, doesn't it? It's all artsy and shit.

It's one of Glenn's drumsticks laying on my daughter's Wilco shirt. I got both of them after partaking in a veggie on wheat at Shakespeare's, matter of fact.

It does look like a bird, doesn't it? It's all artsy and shit.

It's one of Glenn's drumsticks laying on my daughter's Wilco shirt. I got both of them after partaking in a veggie on wheat at Shakespeare's, matter of fact.

Wow, I can stay on topic and not even know it. :cheers

Thai pineapple fried rice ... *drool*

As for pizza, gimme veggies. I'm not a vegetarian, but I love nothing more than a big pile o' veggies. All-time favorite is the veggie on wheat crust from Shakespeare's Pizza in Columbia, MO. Current favorite is the veggie pie at Fletcher's in Belleville, IL. It's a thin crust with red peppers, red onions, fresh mushrooms, artichoke hearts and fresh Parmesan, cooked in a wood-fired oven. Ah, bliss. Add a cold Honker's Ale and I'm good.

mmm Shakespeare's Pizza......delish.

I, too, thought it was a bird until yesterday I noticed what it was.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ate leftover grilled chicken, pesto, portabella, gorgonzolla pizza from last night. True story.

I must have been busy or something when this thread was started. Pizza is my master.

I just ate leftover grilled chicken, pesto, portabella, gorgonzolla pizza from last night. True story.

I think you managed to fit all my favorite foods onto one pizza.

A friend took me to lunch at my favorite restaurant today and I finally tried their latest pizza - The Belle Isle. It's shrimp, andouille, cheddar, and spicy mustard on a crispy crust. Although I love each item individually, I was skeptical about them together. Oh, I was wrong. It was divine. Who knew?

I think you managed to fit all my favorite foods onto one pizza.

Homemade, homegrown basil pistachio pesto that is crazy delicious. Slow rise, slack dough. As crust, thin with a satisfying crackle on the tooth.

It's a fooking brilliant pizza.

I have a very open mind when it comes to food, but mustard on pizza just sounds wrong. I'd try it though. :lol

Homemade, homegrown basil pistachio pesto that is crazy delicious. Slow rise, slack dough. As crust, thin with a satisfying crackle on the tooth.

I have a very open mind when it comes to food, but mustard on pizza just sounds wrong. I'd try it though. :lol

Pistachios in pesto? YUM! I used to cook professional (and will be going back to it, someday), and I've never heard of subbing pistachios for the pine nuts. Walnuts, yes. I love pesto on pizza, especially veggie pizzas with lots of other green stuff.

As much as I love mustard, that's what kept me from ordering that pizza for so long. I thought there was no way it would be good. But it was! It was a really strong, coarse-grain deli mustard with a smidge of traditional pizza sauce. It worked incredibly well with the smoky sausage and fire-grilled shrimp.

I think I read that you were a chef before you had your baby.

When I first decided to make pesto with all of my basil, it was a Sunday evening and the only nut I had at the ready was a bag of shelled pistachios I had gotten from Costco. Neccesity being the mother of invention, I went for it. Now pinon nut pesto tastes weird to me.

My stomach is growling from all of this food talk.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, we got a place in town that makes a decent NYC-style slice of pizza.

In Seattle, it's Pagliacci Pizza -- claimed to be "Seattle Style Pizza", but very close to NY style. We usually order the Salumi Spicy Salami pizza, the salami is from Salumi's, which is owned by Mario Batali's father (http://www.salumicuredmeats.com/) and is worth the extra $4. Last night, orders were taking 80 minutes! Sadly, no leftover cold pizza this morning :no

A couple of years ago I went to a Detroit Tigers game up in Detroit with about 5 other guys. The game ended up lasting 17 innings and they had stopped serving beer after the 7th. So as you can imagine we were pretty hungry. We walked downtown and found this really fancy bar/restaurant type place. We went in, ordered beer of course, and then ordered 3 pizzas. The total for the pizza alone was over 90 freaking dollars. I don't know if it was the beer, the price of the pizza or what but it was the best pizza I have ever eaten in my life. They were about the size of a normal large pizza in diameter but if they weren't 2 1/2 to 3 inches thick I would be amazed. I can't remember what all was in/on them but I was in heaven.

leftover pizza for breakfast really is one of the best little pleasures in life. :yes

:yes Possibly my favorite breakfast food. It's best when you wrap it in plastic and leave it in the fridge overnight ... if it stays in the box it gets dried out.

I've sometimes dreamed of opening a pizza place that serves cold leftover pizza in the morning, except that the restaurant inspectors probably wouldn't be too impressed with that.