• mushrooms
    • green olives
    • black olives
    • extra cheese
    • spinach
    • tomatoes
    • fruit (pineapple, etc.)
    • other not listed

one way or another I am going to eat a pizza today.

ooh, which reminds me, I guess I need to put together a list of pizza places to visit in chicago. what are you locals' favorites?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one way or another I am going to eat a pizza today.

ooh, which reminds me, I guess I need to put together a list of pizza places to visit in chicago. what are you locals' favorites?

lou malnati's. it's more of a suburban thing, but i've had a lot of the 'downtown' pizzas and still think it holds it's own. giordano's is good too, uno's is alright (but not as good as it's ballyhooed to be).

Santullo's, is my favorite pizza joint in Chicago. but they don't serve Chicago style pizza.

I love the sandwiches at Santullo's so much that I don't think I've ever even tried their pizza.

Lou Malnati's is good and there are a couple city locations (there's one on N. Wells in River North, which is probably the closest one to downtown). When I've got out-of-towners visiting, I usually take them to Giordano's. I agree that Uno/Due is overrated.

My favorite pizza place in Chicago is actually Pizza Metro, but that's thin-crust, so if you're looking for stuffed pizza then don't bother.

yeah, when you get into thin crust relative to the chicagoland area...you are most likely going to get a million different favorites from everybody. that said, if i were to submiy my favorite thin-crust, it'd be Pat's. it used to be on sheffield over by the Vic, but i see that it's moved...showsa how long it's been since i've been to a show there.

yeah, when you get into thin crust relative to the chicagoland area...you are most likely going to get a million different favorites from everybody. that said, if i were to submiy my favorite thin-crust, it'd be Pat's. it used to be on sheffield over by the Vic, but i see that it's moved...showsa how long it's been since i've been to a show there.

is it the standard thin crust? the kind of pizza that's pretty much cheese and sauce on a cracker?

is it the standard thin crust? the kind of pizza that's pretty much cheese and sauce on a cracker?

That's only standard in St. Louis. :yucky

I hear rumors that we're going here for dinner tonight. We'll see how Chicago-style pizza is done in a small German town in the Ozarks. I have a feeling it'll be a biscuit stuff with catfish.

not at all. as a deep dish enthusiast, my definition of 'thin-crust' pizza is a lot different than that.

kate will chime in w/ the st. louis favorite of Imo's at some point, if she didn't already earlier on...that's more in line w/ what you are talking, tully. i'd never testify to it in a court of law, but the few times i ordered Imo's when i lived down there...i actually didn't hate it. :monkey

had the pizza of my life the other night in NYC

Lombardi's

NY beats Chicago style

Amen, brother. A finely crafted thin crust is a joy forever.

Denino's Pizza - Staten Island, NY (best pizza on earth)

Grimaldi's Pizza - Brooklyn, NY (best brick-oven pizza on earth)

Joe's Pizza - Greenwich Village, NY (best grab-a-slice-and-walk slice!)

John's Pizza - Greenwich Village, NY

Brothers' Pizza - Staten Island, NY

I think Lombardi's in Little Italy is great, but a bit over-rated

Raise it high, that New York pie!

Lou Malnati's

For those of you that might be interested, you can order Lou Malnati's for delivery nationwide. It's not quite as good as fresh in the restaurant, but I've sent for gifts all over with great results.

Edit: Italian Beef too!

Lou Malnati's

For those of you that might be interested, you can order Lou Malnati's for delivery nationwide. It's not quite as good as fresh in the restaurant, but I've sent for gifts all over with great results.

Edit: Italian Beef too!

40 bucks for a pizza, and you don't even get E-Coli. Pffft.