• spinach
    • tomatoes
    • fruit (pineapple, etc.)
    • other not listed

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing compares to a bacon pizza from Frank Pepe's in New Haven. Or Sally's (right next door) for that matter. Both these places consistently land on almost any top-ten best pizza in the US list.

Runner up: clam pizza from same joint.

The Meatball pizza (w/mushrooms!) at Joe Bologna's is the best pizza here in Lexington that you can buy. We make pizza at home a lot, so I suppose I'm a bit hard to please on that front. Pepperoni, italian sausage, lots of shroooms, banana peppers, roasted red bell peppers, a little pesto... :eat

I'm an old fashioned pepperoni, black olive and extra cheese kind of gal myself. I went for the deep dish, although like ES, I enjoy an thin and crispy as well. I like the pizza "cooked well" also.

Chicago pizza is better than NY pizza btw.

Around these parts we can get feta cheese as a topping. Good stuff, though only in moderation (too much and it becomes an oversalty mess).

I finally decided a few years back that I just don't like most pepperoni. If it's really good pepperoni, fine, but most pizza joints don't use good pepperoni.

Also: in my opinion, pineapple on pizza is one of the most disgusting things ever, and it should be outlawed.

Probably the best pizza I've ever had is the stuff my father's been making lately. He uses fine cheeses (and not too much), and everything else is made from scratch or harvested from his garden ... a bit of goat cheese and fresh veggies -- amazing. :eat

pineapple is great on its own - but not with any other food!
with everything! :P

If not everything, many things. Examples:

Pineapple black bean enchiladas-

r41281fp.jpg

Lovely ham-

ham.jpg

What kabob is ka-complete without it?

22186342.jpg

and of course, man's greatest invention-

23036919.jpg

with everything! :P

If not everything, many things. Examples:

Pineapple black bean enchiladas-

r41281fp.jpg

Lovely ham-

ham.jpg

What kabob is ka-complete without it?

22186342.jpg

and of course, man's greatest invention-

23036919.jpg

This post is sick and wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

Don't get me wrong -- I loves me some pineapple. A fresh pineapple is one of the most delicious things on earth. But all that deliciousness disappears the moment you apply heat to it, or put it with something savory. :yucky

It's one of those love/hate things. I fall mainly in the love side. I worked in a restaurant where we made a cottage cheese pineapple omlette and it was fab.

my favorite is deep dish and stuffed (ala Giordano's, Gino's East, JB Alberto's) but it's pricey and especially bad for you.....so, what I get most often is the $5 Dominick's Pizza - which is regular (and pretty tasty!)

And....I do love me some thin crust Imo's Pizza in STL :drool

....so, what I get most often is the $5 Dominick's Pizza - which is regular (and pretty tasty!)

I respect you but that's not true.

Chicago does have the best pizza. I can either go for pepperoni and mushroom or ham and pineapple. Tomatoes and garlic is another option.

I respect you but that's not true.

Chicago does have the best pizza. I can either go for pepperoni and mushroom or ham and pineapple. Tomatoes and garlic is another option.

dude - it's what my budget allows for - I didn't say it was the best. :pirate I also can't make claims for Dominick's other than our own. Their oven must be special, because I haven't had one from any other location that is as good. It's just as good, if not better, than regular chain pizza places (Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa John's). LIke I said, not as good as Giordano's, etc - but that's a once or twice a year treat in this house. :P

I love the stuffed (10 years living in Chicago does that) with sausage and spinach. There was a place in downtown Naperville called Leonardo's that did a good pie, but I heard they were closed now. These days it's basic regular crust, with or without pepperoni.

The past couple of years I've been making my own pizza. The three essentials for this are the pizza stone, the big paddle, and King Arthur Bread Flour.