Vibes for my family

Early this morning (2:00am) my grandma died (mom's mom). She had gone to the hospital the day before because she had a bowel obstruction and they were going to do surgery to fix it. But before the surgery her heart stopped and it took the doctors 20 minutes to revive her. She was unconcious from then on. The doctors said that she wasn't strong enough to go through with the surgery, and the only thing that we could do was wait until some family members came in to say goodbye. I was shocked when I saw her. It wasn't 'grandma'. I knew she was already gone, her eyes were cloudy and vacant...no reaction. At least she wasn't in anymore pain. That's what I keep saying to myself. We were all there with her when they turned the machines off.

I've never had to wait in the hospital before for news on somebody i love. I can now understand how incredibly hard WAITING is. I did find it rather ironic and somewhat comforting that the ICU was right beside the delivery suites and at one point a new mother was wheeled out, holding her baby close to her. With death comes life.

Its been a really hard night, and there are some more hard days to follow. Her name was Pauline, but she was always just "grandma" to me and my siblings.

I just thought that our family could use as much love as the universe has got to send out, so there ya go.

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this, blindgonzo. :( Sending love and vibes and wishes for comfort and peace to you and your family in the difficult days ahead.

You are in my thoughts...take good care. :cheekkiss

I'm sorry to hear that, bg. Vibes via Albuquerque.

Thanks to everyone who's been sending out good thoughts! :cheekkiss I am doing ok, but as soon as I see or talk to any of my relatives and they ask "how are you doing?", I kind of break down every time. I guess that's to be expected though. Tommorrow my sister and brother are coming home from vancouver, and then on wednesday my other sister will be coming from montreal. It will definitely be nice for us all to be together.

Thanks again you guys! :hug