PSA: Democrats are PUSSIES

At least that's what Andrew Sullivan sez:

Schumer and Feinstein Surrender

They both intend to vote for Mukasey, despite his refusal to state that torture, as practised by this administration, is illegal. Every time the Democrats fold on these matters, Cheney tucks a precedent under his belt. Every time they cave into their cowardice and fear, another critical part of our liberty disappears. These precedents are designed to destroy the rule of law and replace it with the rule of a Decider. And they will last for ever, as will the right to torture, because this war is for ever. This is how democracies perish. The rule of law no longer has any party to defend it. The Republicans want no check on the powers of our de facto protectorate. And the Democrats have no spine. We live under the lawless protectorate we deserve. And such lawlessness is always the result when cowards refuse to confront bullies.

Whatever your view of the administration, can there be any argument that the Democrats are a bunch of pussies? You heard me, I called you a bunch of PUSSIES. Now, you gonna do something about it?

I didn't think so.

i find it very interesting that we keep seeing threads with quite hateful titles/topics against the democrats/hillary, yet there hasn't been any threads of that sort with the word Republicans or any of their candidates. even the threads discussing the current administration don't have such fierce titles. i think that says something...

i find it very interesting that we keep seeing threads with quite hateful titles/topics against the democrats/hillary, yet there hasn't been any threads of that sort with the word Republicans or any of their candidates. even the threads discussing the current administration don't have such fierce titles. i think that says something...

Yeah, it says something. Two words - Big Brother. :stunned

I keed. Seriously though, I am REAL disappointed by this news regarding Chuck Schumer. He was the guy who really got in Gonzales' face. I think Pat Leahy should have a little talk with him.

Does it say that Democrats are more resilient? Better mannered? Lazy?

I think a lot of these threads mimic, in large part, what happens in the national media: finger-pointing and name-calling from both sides. In a large sense, it's become comedic in a Gilbert Gottfried vein. At least for me.

67 votes is a REAL tough nut, anytime. I guess the hope is (for me, at least) that those Republicans who continue to blindly follow this President will get swept out in another year and by then the Dems will have an overwhelming majority.

It's really hard to speculate of course, but this Administration could destroy their party for an entire generation.

So because democrats are pussies, you are going to vote against some guy who posts on an internet message board? Am I reading that wrong?

No, not against a random moron on a message board, but against the people that moron would elect to office.

No, not against a random moron on a message board, but against the people that moron would elect to office.

he's "liberal" - which is a misnomer the way it's used in America - who exactly are you going to vote for?... in fact, that's sort of his point. that the Republicans are evil but the Democrats have no backbone. you should be more angry about that than the fact that some guy on a message board used the word "pussy" and pointed out the obvious.

he's "liberal" - which is a misnomer the way it's used in America - who exactly are you going to vote for?... in fact, that's sort of his point. that the Republicans are evil but the Democrats have no backbone. you should be more angry about that than the fact that some guy on a message board used the word "pussy" and pointed out the obvious.

Agree with you here if they had a set of balls between all of them, it would already be president Pelosi

I can see why the Dems would not block funding for the troops, but I agree that they should have held their ground on this one. The Justice Dept. will be fine without another Bush hack at the helm.