Wilco vs Rolling stones

So as I'm listening to Sirius radio this morning, the Rolling Stone's song 'All Down The Line' comes on, and I can't help but think that the first few bars of the song sound like a Wilco/UT song that I've heard before. Deeper into the song it loses it's connection with Wilco/UT. Just thought I'd share. It is still early here, so I might be crazy this morning.

The lick you are referring to (I think) is the barre to hammer on like this:

-2--2----2--2--
-2--2h3--3--2--
-2--2----2--2--
-2--2h4--4--2--
-2--2----2--2--
--------------

This is a little guitar trick used A LOT by Keef: 'Start Me Up', 'Brown Sugar', 'Honkey Tonk Women'

For newer tunes, check out Ryan Adams Gold LP: 'New York' among others.

Speaking of musical similarities ...

Ever notice how many JT songs have these chords (1st position and relative to capo):

-2--0-
-3--3-
-2--0-
-0--0-
----2-
----x-

• 1 month later...
You'd be hard pressed to find a better string of studio albums than Beggar's Banquet (1968), Let It Bleed (1969), Sticky Fingers (1971), and Exile on Main St. (1972).

Sell Out, Tommy, Live at Leeds, Who's Next and Quadrophenia, perhaps? Same years, basically. 1968-1973 were arguably the 6 best years in rock and roll history.

Sell Out, Tommy, Live at Leeds, Who's Next and Quadrophenia, perhaps? Same years, basically. 1968-1973 were arguably the 6 best years in rock and roll history.

Also, the Beatles released a stream of perfect studio albums:

Rubber Soul (1965)

Revolver (1966)

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)

The White Album (1968)

Abbey Road (1969)

(I didn't count Magical Mystery Tour because it wasnt a proper studio album- unlike the others it was made up of various tracks recorded at different times and can be considered a soundtrack).

Also, the Beatles released a stream of perfect studio albums:

Rubber Soul (1965)

Revolver (1966)

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)

The White Album (1968)

Abbey Road (1969)

(I didn't count Magical Mystery Tour because it wasnt a proper studio album- unlike the others it was made up of various tracks recorded at different times and can be considered a soundtrack).

Who are The Beatles?

1968-1973 were arguably the 6 best years in rock and roll history.

Imo it's not even arguable. They are definitely the best years of rock. :thumbup

You'd be hard pressed to find a better string of studio albums than ...

How about:

Meddle (1971)

Dark Side of the Moon (1973)

Wish You Were Here (1975)

Animals (1977

The Wall (1979)

[ Obscured by Clouds doesn't count - soundtrack. ]

BTW, Meddle and Animals are my favorite from that list. Must own LPs IMHO.

The Wild, The Innocent, The E Street Shuffle; Born to Run; Darkness on the Edge of Town; )and if you want to go for 10 years) The River' Nebraska

While not on topic, I think Stevie Wonder's Talking Book, Innervisions and Fullfillingness' First Finale are a pretty good string.... i dropped them onto my ipod recently and they are so well recorded, not to mention just flat out great songs.

The Replacements: Hootenanny, Let It Be, Tim, and Pleased To Meet Me

Husker Du: Metal Circus, Zen Arcade, New Day Rising, and Flip Your Wig

Neil Young: Everybody Knows... through Rust Never Sleeps That one is even more impressive if you take out American Stars and Bars and replace it with Chrome Dreams

Those are some other great runs. There are a lot of bands who you can put in this conversation.

Neil Young: Everybody Knows... through Rust Never Sleeps That one is even more impressive if you take out American Stars and Bars and replace it with Chrome Dreams

Those are some other great runs. There are a lot of bands who you can put in this conversation.

Absolutely. The Dylan run starting with Freewheelin' to Nashville Skyline is pretty special as well.

I'm a HUGE Neil fan, and his string of EKTIN, ATGR, H, TFA, OTB, TTN, and to a lesser extent Zuma is amazing. Some people have brought up some great runs as well, but I stand by my Stones statement. BB, LIB, SF, and EOMS represent some of the greatest rock music ever recorded. The also came out with a pretty good live album during that period, Get Yer Ya Ya's Out.