Gene Simmons blames college kids

I have been listening to KISS since 1976.

From what I have read, he was in a pretty bad financial state in the 1980s.

Gene comes from a different time. His band, like Rush, was a band of the people - and the people bought records.

With the advent of more affordable tape recording (cassettes), some people of course taped records from friends - but I would think the numbers were certainly not as big as the number of people who snag music online.

At the end of the day, it is stealing. I know that.

People seem to either hate him or admire him.

I think you also have to know that what he does best - is sell things. So - he does whatever he does to make people notice him and/or hear his views.

I think you also have to know that what he does best - is sell things. So - he does whatever he does to make people notice him and/or hear his views.

That sums it up. He's first and foremost a businessman. When KISS first began making records ('73) it was precisely the same time that RXR began to move away from being perceived as an 'anti-establishment, anti-authoritarian' thing into a very lucrative entertainment enterprise.

I don't really have a problem with this, and I loved KISS back then - I owned all the first 5-6 records when they came out. But something definitely changed around that time. Gene's just one of the more obvious examples of Rock becoming a business.

What an idiot.

I dont like KISS at all but have always gotten a good laugh out of Gene, most of the time laughing with him.

I appreciate him inadvertently explaining the concept of supply and demand with his wonderfully flawed gold analogy though.

That doesn't count. You can't pick on one person as an exception. And that's not a business model that works.

I love the elegant logic of Gene Simmons. I mean, he can somehow jump from one conclusion to another, and make statements opposite of their nature. What an observant man for taking note of these anomallies and consciously denying their existence. It's sort of like saying the Holocaust never occurred. I know Spiderman agrees with me.

spidey11.jpg