Ryan Adams & the Cardinals 2008 Tour Dates

Hell, I'm just excited so thought I would post why.

I did a poxy bid last week for the rock for kids org annual charity auction held in Chi-Town last weekend.

I wanted the signed RA guitar. Well, I learned late yesterday I had won it. I also had bid almost 3 times what I ended

up winning, thus having to pay (trust me, it wasn't a ton of $$). With that said, I get a great piece of memorabilia and

will be donating additional monies directly to rfk's since my winning bid was "so" low.

593459853_9f73bd579b_o.jpg

Hopefully the image will show above.

Below is a link to some of items they auctioned off.

RFK Org

• 1 month later...

He was in a great mood in Tulsa and put on an incredible show. He surprised us with a 5-song acoustic set of new songs to start the night (essentially opening for the Cardinals).

Here's some pics ...

2201313247_c17bc9f34e.jpg

2201316771_b8e9aa6e16.jpg

and some video I shot:

"Goodnight Rose"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g61szdG0Nq8

"Two"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJXzfSSkm_w

"Let It Ride"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v0gFGZEaoI

"Oh My Sweet Carolina"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlTLZLlXGkE

Wow, DawgSong, I totally missed seeing this news when you posted it in December. Congrats on winning - it's a beautiful looking guitar, and so good of you to donate extra to the charity anyway.

And OU Chad - I'm with Cryptique - thanks for these videos. :music

Tonight was good (sort of). He was in a good mood but sick and hopped up on caffeine so he talked for a long time between songs which was hilarious but annoying. It seemed like the rest of the Cardinals were getting a little tired of it too at times, but all in all a good fun show. They sure did rock when they were playing though. Apparently Ryan played a solo set just like OU Chad said and then played two more sets with no encore. Nice mix of songs too. Good times.

Tonight was good (sort of). He was in a good mood but sick and hopped up on caffeine so he talked for a long time between songs which was hilarious but annoying. It seemed like the rest of the Cardinals were getting a little tired of it too at times, but all in all a good fun show. They sure did rock when they were playing though. Apparently Ryan played a solo set just like OU Chad said and then played two more sets with no encore. Nice mix of songs too. Good times.

so no opener then? or was his solo set pretty much the "opener"?

holy shit was that show amazing. i cant believe how many times ive tried to get into ONE of his shows in chicago over the past 3 years, and here he is in a school auditorium with only half the seats filled. i plopped down in the front row and stayed there the entire show, no one showed up to claim any of the 4 seats in our little side row. on top of that, he (and the rest of the band) came out afterwards to sign fucking autographs. ryan adams doing meet and greets!? i guess he is in better spirits lately than i expected...the merch guy said he's been selling stuff for the band for a little over a year, and this is the first time he's ever seen him stick around to sign stuff. so freaking awesome

he was pretty talkative but not overly so--some great banter between songs, and he was very energetic the whole show. i couldnt have asked for a better show from him

Morgan, sounds like an incredible first RA show! They did Easy Plateau to close? That's pretty sweet, one of my favorite songs because of the playful multi-part harmonies. And you got front row all night long? Nice!!!

That same thing actually happened to me at the Univ of Ill show in Champaign-Urbana. Not sold out, not even a very big venue (Foellinger), but several front row seats were empty and nobody complained when I moved up there.

From what I understand, he doesn't always do the meet & greet & sign thing, although he did in Kalamazoo when Leo, Mary, and I saw him last fall. Like all artists, it probably depends on if they feel like doing it or not.

Lucky you with one more show still - hope it's as good as this or even better!

Yeah I guess his solo set was the opener. We got there about five minutes before the Cardinals went on so I'm not 100% on what went on.

We caught the last two songs of the opener in Santa Barbara - Most folks did not recognize him and he called himself JJ Boullobase -

basically said " the only way Ryan would let me open for him, is if I did his songs, and acted like him"

Pretty funny -

Kind of set the mood for the first half - he did not get the recognition he was hoping for as the opener - and it took him a little whie to get in the mood.

Good show -

I went last night in Salem, Oregon and I showed up about 20 minutes late because I couldn't find the damn place and even though I missed the first 4 songs or so, it was still one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. The cactus backdrop was completely badass, the sound was incredible and as somebody posted earlier, their banter is one of a kind. I was cracking up the whole night