that song makes me want to throw things

it's as good a time as any to rant about the songs you've heard of late that very much annoy you. especially the ones that get stuck in your head when you don't want them to.

I don't have any strong feelings about ELO, and I enjoyed their work in xanadu, but that "hold on tight to your dreams" song from that one commercial just finally got to me a few weeks back. it is grounds for immediate channel switching in my home.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys haven't even reached my top ten yet. How about My Humps? Or better yet, how about the tune for those Meow Mix cat food commercials (notoriously resurrected a couple years back)? You know:

Meow meow meow meow

Meow meow meow meow

Meow meow meow meow

Meow meow meow meow

Meow meow meow meow

Meow meow meow meow

There, now you can hate me. :cheers

The John Cougar Mellencamp Ford tough "Like A Rock" song that has been playing as a t.v.commercial for what seems like a decade now.
If it's the same song, then it has been going on for more than a decade! Only, with Bob Seger doing it. When I very was young, one of my much older brothers tried to school me on good music with a truck commercial for example.

The guy just chillin' on the hood of his truck cracks me up. He doesn't really look all that comfy there.

There's this band called "3 Doors Down" that I hear snippets of at the gym - the TV screen shows pics of them as their songs play. The singer looks like Patton Oswalt impersonating Scott Stapp and the music sounds like ....ass.

i agree.

the new Tegan & Sara is pretty hit or miss, but they've put out some pretty great/catchy indie pop records in the past.

I Hear Noises is a kickass song

but i'm guessing you take issue w/ their voices like my wife does ;)