Dec 15 2007 Warren Haynes’ Christmas Jam Asheville, North Carolina

Dec 21 2007 Walter’s on Washington Houston, Texas

Dec 22 2007 Spanish Moon Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Dec 27 2007 Crossroads w/ WILL HOGE Huntsville, Alabama

Dec 28 2007 Workplay w/ WILL HOGE Birmingham, Alabama

Dec 29 2007 Rhythm and Brews w/ WILL HOGE Chattanooga, Tennessee

Dec 30 2007 Lincoln Theatre w/ WILL HOGE Raleigh, North Carolina

Dec 31 2007 Music Farm w/ WILL HOGE Charleston, South Carolina

Jan 12 2008 New York Guitar Festival - The "Royal Albert Hall" Project New York, New York

Jan 16 2008 The Hi-Tone w/ WILL HOGE Memphis, Tennessee

Jan 17 2008 Sticky Fingers w/ WILL HOGE Little Rock, Arkansas

Jan 18 2008 Granada Theater w/ WILL HOGE Dallas, Texas

Jan 19 2008 Antone’s w/ WILL HOGE Austin, Texas

Jan 22 2008 Club Congress w/ WILL HOGE Tucson, Arizona

Jan 23 2008 Casbah w/ WILL HOGE San Diego, California

Jan 24 2008 Vault w/ WILL HOGE Long Beach, California

Jan 25 2008 Spaceland w/ WILL HOGE Los Angeles, California

Jan 26 2008 Slim’s w/ WILL HOGE San Francisco, California

Jan 28 2008 Harlow’s Sacramento, California

Jan 30 2008 Mission Theater w/ WILL HOGE Portland, Oregon

Jan 31 2008 Tractor Tavern w/ WILL HOGE Seattle, Washington

Feb 1 2008 Neurolux w/ WILL HOGE Boise, Idaho

Feb 2 2008 Suede w/ WILL HOGE Park City, Utah

Feb 4 2008 The Fox Theatre w/ WILL HOGE Boulder, Colorado

Feb 6 2008 Varsity Theater w/ WILL HOGE Minneapolis, Minnesota

Feb 7 2008 High Noon Saloon w/ WILL HOGE Madison, Wisconsin

Feb 8 2008 Double Door w/ WILL HOGE Chicago, Illinois

Feb 9 2008 Music Mill w/ WILL HOGE Indianapolis, Indiana

Feb 19 2008 Toad's Place w/WILL HOGE New Haven, Connecticut :dancing

Feb 20 2008 Paradise w/ WILL HOGE Boston, Massachusetts

Feb 21 2008 Bowery Ballroom w/ WILL HOGE New York, New York

Feb 22 2008 9:30 Club w/ WILL HOGE Washington, DC, Washington DC

Feb 24 2008 Soapbox Wilmington, North Carolina

Feb 26 2008 Headliner’s w/ WILL HOGE Columbia, South Carolina

Feb 27 2008 Georgia Theatre w/ WILL HOGE Athens, Georgia

Feb 28 2008 Bluecat’s w/ WILL HOGE Knoxville, Tennessee

Mar 1 2008 Cannery Ballroom w/ WILL HOGE Nashville, Tennessee

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe those ones w/ Will Hoge are all solo too

at least here it's not billed with the 400 Unit.

crazy, this will be the 4th time i've seen him here in Mpls since May of this year. not that i'm complaining mind you.

I don't care what he does as long as I'm in front of him when he does it. :) When he broke into Outfit I just about had a heart attack. I love that man.

Toad's is a big club though...I'm a little shocked they booked something that big. I saw him with 20 other people in MA a few months ago, and even with it being a small venue it still felt incredibly empty. I hope he draws enough to make him want to come back after this New Haven show. I'm also very hopeful that the big gap of time between Indiana and CT means there might be some more shows we can catch in the area.

I saw him open for Son Volt when he first started touring and departed from DBT. My schedule hasn't worked out to see him again in Chicago but I may try and catch that Double Door show this time around. It'd be interesting to see how far he's come along as a 'lead man' since he's been touring so much.

How is Will Hoge? I haven't heard note one from him but he's had some damn fine acts open for him..

I wanted to see him back in August, but it was the day after I got home from CA so it didn't happen.

I saw him with the truckers in 2005 and after the show i saw him and asked for a pick and he said "of course darlin!" :blush i've had a soft spot for him since...

You're nicer than I am....I stole his pick off the stage. :lol

He was done with it, I promise.

I have never ever wanted a guitar pick in my life, but I just HAD to have his.

You're in for a real treat though, the 400 Unit are AMAZING.

When Jason was still with the Truckers he threw a pick out to the crowd at the first Virgin Fest in Baltimore. It went right to my wife. She keeps it on her bedside table!

We're definitely going to go the February show at the 930 Club. I didn't get to see him when he came through DC earlier this year, so this will be great. I really hope he plays Razor Town.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of seeing BOTH isbell and Centro-Matic in Lawrence several months back. GREAT show. Got to see Outfit, Never Gonna Change, and most importantly The Magician which is quite possibly my favorite song of 2007.

How is Will Hoge? I haven't heard note one from him but he's had some damn fine acts open for him..

I saw Will Hoge at ACL this year; straightforward country-rockin' stuff. He was pretty good; I'd see him again. I'm going to try to catch that Double Door show, but it's the same night as Yeasayer. Hm.

The Magician is indeed a great tune!

• 1 month later...

I checked Jason out at Double Door last night. He has come a long way as a front man in the past year. I saw him open for Son Volt shortly after the break with DBT and he seemed to struggle a bit being out in front. Last night was a great show albeit way too short. He was "co-headlining" with Will Hoge but his set was limited to about an hour. He absolutely killed with Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic". Jason is one talented singer/musician.

Side note - Double Door...I don't think I've ever seen a bad show there. :wub

I was a bit underwhelmed. I guess I've always been more a fan of Jason's playing than his songs. Take his songs out of the DBT context of the change-of-pace from Cooley's and Hood's pissed-off, shit-kickin' R&R growls, and you're left with a southern whine not unlike Vickie Lawrence in Mama's Family, song after song. I like the CD, and the band is tight. It's just that, following a real good set by Will Hoge, there wasn't much interesting going on in the songs.

But that's just me.

For those in and around central Virginia, FYI: Just checked the list at the top-o-this thread. There's a date missing.

C,ville VA. Satellite Ballroom:

This Saturday 2/23 JASON ISBELL & THE 400 UNIT / WILL HOGE with Special Guest, Dawn Landes

Doors at 8 / $12/$14 door.

For those in and around central Virginia, FYI: Just checked the list at the top-o-this thread. There's a date missing.

C,ville VA. Satellite Ballroom:

This Saturday 2/23 JASON ISBELL & THE 400 UNIT / WILL HOGE with Special Guest, Dawn Landes

Doors at 8 / $12/$14 door.

Second time he's been in town and I'm leaving to go see someone else. THis time it's Wilco at the Tower in Philly, Damn. :ohwell

Just saw the show last night. Damn, Jason and his band are incredible. We essentially got two full sets, not a headline split in half between Will and Jason. Will Hoge was pretty great. I had never heard him before. With his band he gave off a big Black Crowes vibe. Lots of southern rock with a soulful Bruce Springsteen raspy type vocal. His band was on the same level as the 400 Unit in terms of skill and general rock-out-ness.

Jason has really become a hell of a front man. When we saw him 6 months ago he was not very talkative and seemed like he was a bit uncomfortable with being center stage. This time he was totally relaxed, cracking jokes and having a blast. I think he only skipped two songs from his album, and he played Outfit, Decoration Day, Never Gonna Change, Danko/Manuel, and Goddamn Lonely Love. I don't miss the Truckers backing those songs at all. There were only about 50-75 people there but everyone was totally into it and it was a heck of a good time. There was a guy taping....I hope I can figure out where it ends up surfacing. Both Jason's and Will's performances were stellar.

Favorite Isbell comment: [on his drummer being from Boston] "My grass is blue, his grass is brick, and still we get along."

Show highlight: Two guys actually got thrown out for air guitaring in front of Will Hoge and generally annoying the crap out of him. They didn't even last 4 songs. Afterward, Will referred to the Guitar Heroes pretty frequently.

There was a guy taping....I hope I can figure out where it ends up surfacing. Both Jason's and Will's performances were stellar.

Only 50-75 people...wow. Hard to believe he isn't pulling more people in. Your experience, with the exception of the number of people, was similar to mine in Chicago. Jason is definitely more engaging as a front man and they sounded great. I was able to buy him a whiskey after the show and he commented that he loved my "thriving metropolis".

Regarding the taping, most of the shows have shown up on ninebulletts.org.

Only 50-75 people...wow. Hard to believe he isn't pulling more people in. Your experience, with the exception of the number of people, was similar to mine in Chicago. Jason is definitely more engaging as a front man and they sounded great. I was able to buy him a whiskey after the show and he commented that he loved my "thriving metropolis".

Regarding the taping, most of the shows have shown up on ninebulletts.org.

I'll keep an eye out on ninebullets, thanks! Have they been putting up any of Will Hoge's sets?

As far as the amount of people, it was a Tuesday night outside of a main tour stop like NY or Boston, so I was actually a little surprised there were even that many people there. He sold out the Bowery Ballroom in NYC which holds appx. 300, so he's doing okay. When we saw him in the middle of last year at a small venue in Northampton MA there were maybe 25 people. But last night, even though there was a small crowd pretty much everyone was singing (some a bit too loud) to most songs. I definitely don't think Jason was disappointed with the turnout, or at least he didn't act like it.