2/3 Wilco -- Barack Obama fundraiser

Setlist:

War on War

Jesus Etc

Christ for President

California Stars

What Light

So this was not a Jeff solo show as billed -- rather he was joined by John, Glenn and Pat -- the "IL tax-paying" part of Wilco. Glenn had like 1/10th of his normal kit, Pat had elec. keyboard and Jeff acoustic guitars only, but they played great and really energized the crowd.

The real story was Barack.... he spoke for at least 20 (maybe 30) minutes, and it was really heart felt. I liked him before; I like him even better now.

Setlist:

The real story was Barack.... he spoke for at least 20 (maybe 30) minutes, and it was really heart felt. I liked him before; I like him even better now.

Yeah, Barack was totally inspiring. He really got everyone fired up!

It was really fun watching the guys yesterday. To hear Jeff say that it was his pleasure to introduce the next President of the United States was pretty cool. Jill S was a huge pleasant surprise. I have to get some of her music. Is anybody into her? Any recommendations?

I thought the guys fro 3eb were aweful and Macy Gray was a bit of a flop as well.

:P

In the lates 60s, Trudeau was a charismatic, young(ish) politician, destined for greatness.

Trudeaumania

Canadians had never before seen anyone like Pierre Elliott Trudeau in the House of Commons. He brought youthfulness and a promise of change. ... Women and men were mesmerized by him. But Trudeau
Jill S was a huge pleasant surprise. I have to get some of her music. Is anybody into her? Any recommendations?

It is all great. The wife and I love Jill Sobule. Jill Sobule, Happy Town, Pink Pearl excellent. I'd start with one of these before I got the Lloyd Cole or the newset one. They are both good also though.

• 1 month later...
Of course, I have nothing but respect for you but... are you originally from out east or something??

No, but I don't share the western scorn for Trudeau. Maybe it has something to do with nostalgia for the 70s and being female. I know I'm not alone because Smoking Lily on Main St. in Vancouver used to sell panties with a silkscreen print of Trudeau on them and they were very popular. :lol

That's all well and good but I feel, while we're educating American's about Trudeau we should point out that a lot of people in Western Canada didn't like him. I feel that he personified one of Canada's biggest problems... the east's ignorance of the west.

Also I might be bitter because my brother and I went to school with some of his distant nephew's and they were little shit disturbers, har-har.

Anyways, here's hoping a recording surfaces. I love Wilco as a quartet.

I guess what I was really trying to say is that Obama is the only "panty worthy" contender. Or something.

FALL_2004_Trudeau_Lennon.jpg

Remember how Lennon swooned, "he's a beautiful person." "If all politicians were like Pierre Trudeau there would be world peace." ... And of course, Fidel Castro had a "crush" on PET, too.

(I'm a big fan of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, myself.)