Decided to give my album away for free

874233559_m.jpg

Hope no one minds me posting this here, it can always drop off the page if you so feel! If any of you like power pop bands like The dB's, Big Star, Flamin' Groovies, Elvis Costello and other things like Daniel Johnston, XTC, The Beach Boys, 'Summerteeth'-era Wilco, then there's a chance you might like the first album by The Martial Arts, titled 'Your Sinclair'. It's only been released on iTunes in the UK, and on CD in Scandinavia. I'm pleased with how it turned out, and I'd rather you heard it than it just sat there, so I guess it will be up until a couple of days after Christmas. Here's the bundle, including artwork and credits, as a .RAR file:-

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k1kpuu

I'll post a link to a .ZIP file when it's uploaded. Hope some of you like it!

www.myspace.com/themartialarts

Tried downloading, but being at work kinda throws a kink into that whole thing.

I will check you out at myspace though, when I get a chance.

Thanks.

Sharp-sounding song construction you have there. Definitely some influence from yer countryman Mr. Costello seeping into the precisely enunciated chord movement. It also has some of the Pacific Northwest indie-pop sound (maybe the Atlantic Northwest inspires similar sounds!). I'd describe it as "brisk-pop"- very snappy!

Good luck!

sorry, avoided this thread thinking it was band spam.

Ah well, it could be seen that way. I posted it on here, the Wedding Present and Teenage Fanclub forums, and left it as that for the 'spamming', save for emailing bloggers, etc. Don't want to piss anyone off. Still, I can't get over how good the response has been all round, a good reason not to end it all! Thank you again.

I asked to be yer friend. :wub

Really dig it! I am impressed with how great the sound quality is, in addition to the excellent lyrics / musical phrasing.

I'm also a big fan of musicians who aren't just trying to squeeze every nickel out of their art.

I'm thinking about starting a thread on this at some point, but I've personally been thinking about putting up a website with the following:

- mp3s of my music

- tabs on how to play them (mostly just the chords, actually, with some explanation on how to play the fills / patterns)

- lyrics

And then people can dl the music, play the songs out if they're so inclined, record the songs on albums, whatever they want. EXCEPT that I think there needs to be some kind of a threshold, maybe something along the lines of "you can record these and make money off them but not if you are on a major label." Just something that tries to insulate me from Avril LaVigne ever singing one of my good ones.

Anyone know if something like this already exists?

FREE ART! Music is for music-lovers, not executives.

• 3 weeks later...