Breakup/ Divorce albums

Ween - Quebec

I keep hearing they want to break up with the rest of Canada.

Where You Been - Dinosaur Jr is the breakup album for me

there's a lot of individual songs by that many people but that's the album with A Ghost is Born riding shotgun

Who in Wilco was going through a divorce while AGIB was recorded? And you're saying that Mascis was going through a divorce while Where You Been was recorded?

After the breakup of my band's original lineup, I think I got one of these coming out of me soon. Just gotta get some folks, money, and a studio together. So, "soon" would be relative.

Now, back to it:

Daniel Johnston - Songs Of Pain

is pretty amazing.

Who in Wilco was going through a divorce while AGIB was recorded? And you're saying that Mascis was going through a divorce while Where You Been was recorded?

nah Doug, sorry, was a little tipsy and exhausted when i looked at the thread and was thinking of albums i listen to during breakup/divorce ;)

And that's the point: how the record is heard. I don't think an artist has to be going through a divorce to make a breakup album.

And that's the point: how the record is heard. I don't think an artist has to be going through a divorce to make a breakup album.

But the point of the THREAD as stated was the album has to BE about breakup/ divorce.

THAT was the name of the game. :realmad

Thus completely going against the thread.

Michael Jackson's Thriller could be your perfect breakup record...but it doesn't mean it's a breakup record.