Best. News. Evah.

Two of my favorite bands heading up that list - REM and MMJ - but lots of depth, too; looking forward to seeing Bon Iver, Wussy, and Vampire Weekend, among others.

This will be my first year going. I'm crazy excited! I'm going with some Austin natives and some friends from Chicago who have attended every single year, but I'm still not sure how it's going to work...any SXSW vets have some good advice?

shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes. foot powder. day shows. yard dog (bloodshot picnic on Friday's a guaranteed good time), Filter and New West good bbq, but noon's a little early for free Dewers. Force yourself to stay off your feet for 2 hours between day and night stuff. Carry lots of singles.

tugmoose - uh...why am I carrying a bunch of singles? :dontgetit

Has anyone been to the KEXP broadcasts or showcase?

to tip the nice folks serving up the free beer/booze/chow during the day shows.

I saw the DBTs a couple years ago doing a KEXP set at the Austin City Limits studio. Nice to sit for a while. No free beer/booze/chow, though. And a bit removed from everything else going on.

to tip the nice folks serving up the free beer/booze/chow during the day shows.

I saw the DBTs a couple years ago doing a KEXP set at the Austin City Limits studio. Nice to sit for a while. No free beer/booze/chow, though. And a bit removed from everything else going on.

Oh, of course - duh. That's good advice. Thanks!

We'll have to talk about that DBT show! How cool. I would have loved to see them in the ACL studio - have they ever done the actual show?

Good point, though, about the studio being out of the way - what are your thoughts about driving/parking during SXSW? Is it going to be ridiculous?

I always buy the pass and have never had any trouble...walk right into almost all the venues.

wristbands=long lines.

But the amount of money saved by NOT buying a Pass and opting for a wristband will pretty much cover your airfare to and from Austin. Plus you miss out on opportunities to meet cool people while waiting in line.

b.s.