Lately I have been going back and listening to some of the older wilco/ tweedy shows i have collected through the years (i think my wife and i counted over 250). I have been spending a lot of time with the show from 12-17-00...Jeff and a shared performance with Glenn Kotche (who was this guy?). This was back in the day of trading, so i think i didn't get this show until early spring of '01, but that version of "Not For The Season" changed the way i listened to Wilco forever. Jeff just shreds the guitar and i would've loved to seen the faces of the crowd. "Cars Can't Escape" debuted here as well... plus we got a version of "When I Wake Up Feeling Old".

Anyway... i think this might be one of the most important Tweedy/ Wilco related shows ever due to the debut of Glenn behind the drum kit. I cannot believe it has been 7 years!

If you have never heard this show maybe someone without 2 kids under the age of three and a pregnant wife can find time to post somewhere.

Was anyone on the board there at the Abbey Pub that night? Please share stories...

If you have never heard this show maybe someone without 2 kids under the age of three and a pregnant wife can find time to post somewhere.
Somebody spends a lot of time in the sack. :shifty

(Sorry...I'm having a silly day.)

I don't think I've heard this show. As a Glenn enthusiast, I'd looove to hear it.

Somebody spends a lot of time in the sack. :shifty

(Sorry...I'm having a silly day.)

I don't think I've heard this show. As a Glenn enthusiast, I'd looove to hear it.

1 and 2 were planned... 3 was a complete shock to all parties involved... appointment is set with a great urologist for early July to take care of the problem.

As a Glenn enthusiast you'd love this show.

i wasnt there, but i like comment about glenn having to pay an exntrance fee or something to play with him. or was it something about him not being on the guestlist?

definately an important show. ken coomer stayed on for nearly a year after it, before glenn became a member

i wasnt there but i was at the next abbey pub appearence 5-2-01, five months after glenn's first appearence in Chicago with Jeff, and the buzz was still pretty high, Glenn came out and it sorta got quiet like "who is he, i've heard about him..." and then blam, sticks hit the drums, Jeff's singing and strumming, and everyone knew it fit. cool moment!

never saw a drummer do so much with two cymbols and a drum.

But i thought the first time Jeff and Glenn played together was with Jim O'Rourke in Chicago for the Noise Pop Festival, i remembering reading about it in Learning How To Die

oh, i forgot - it was mid 2001 when glenn replaced Ken

the album was finished by mid 2001, I'm pretty sure Glenn joined in January or February. somebody with a copy of Kot's book should be able to straighten this out.

p. 176 "On May 14, 2000, Jeff Tweedy stepped onstage for the first time with the two people..."

p. 188 "A few days before recording was to resume in January 2001, Tony Margherita called Coomer at his Nashville home and told him not to bother boarding a plane to Chicago. He was out of the band, to be replaced by Glenn Kotche."

p. 176 "On May 14, 2000, Jeff Tweedy stepped onstage for the first time with the two people..."

p. 188 "A few days before recording was to resume in January 2001, Tony Margherita called Coomer at his Nashville home and told him not to bother boarding a plane to Chicago. He was out of the band, to be replaced by Glenn Kotche."

I have a copy of the book, but I loaned it to my boss.

i forgot about the may 00 show. i know i have it my stock. i think there is a great version of 'rock, salt, nails' on there.