Happy Birthday Tom (Hotel Arizona) & Brennan!!

Yep, now Tom can come to all those 21+ club shows! :w00t

He'll love the Mitch coupon, Evonne!

AND LET'S NOT FORGET, IT'S BRENNAN'S BIRTHDAY TOO......He's 17!!!......Will you all please pool your money and buy him a car? The boy just wants to :dancing (drive).

Happy 21st Birfday Tom! :cheers Don't do anything I would do! :lol

And happy 17th Brennan! :thumbup

Enjoy the day gentlemen.

I knew that there was something like a "shared half-birthday" spinning in my head, but Donna keeps confusing me with all those "either bows or ribbons" type of statements :argue

:lol

Hope you had a good one, Brennan, Tara's just got her first car too, but before she'll be able to drive it, she will have to pass the year at school. No High-School Exams, no driving license.

Aww, a happy belated birthday to Tom and Brennan! :)

:birthday

:banana :badger :w00t

(Tom, hope you're not feeling too poorly this morning! :shifty )

Happy Birthday Tom and Brennan! It is hard to believe you two are getting so old, while your mom and I manage to stay so young....how does that happen?

Much love to Donna on the boys' birthday as well.......you have raised some fine young men!! :cheers

I knew that there was something like a "shared half-birthday" spinning in my head, but Donna keeps confusing me with all those "either bows or ribbons" type of statements :argue

:lol

Hope you had a good one, Brennan, Tara's just got her first car too, but before she'll be able to drive it, she will have to pass the year at school. No High-School Exams, no driving license.

I'll explain once more, Dunja dear.....on a half-birthday, the celebrant is whatever-age-and-a-half. So for Tom and Brennan, both born on January 5th, their next half-birthday will be 6 months from now.....July 5th. On that date, they will get half a cake, along with some goofy, summer-ish gifts (beach toys, flip-flops, stuff like that) that have EITHER bows, OR wrapping paper, but never both.

See? :brow It all half-makes-sense!! :yes Besides, having a January 5th birthday, they kinda get lost in the shuffle of the whole Christmas craziness, so it's only fair that they celebrate again half a year later. They like their half-birthday more than the actual holiday that precedes it. (The 4th of July, which of course you Germans tend to ignore)

Aww, a happy belated birthday to Tom and Brennan! :)

:banana :badger :w00t

(Tom, hope you're not feeling too poorly this morning! :shifty )

Luckily for everyone, Tom's not a big fan of alcohol, so he was fine this morning. He did make the obligatory "Hey! I can do this legally now!" stop at a local liquor store yesterday, to have the clerk pore over his ID and exclaim, "Oh! Hey, happy birthday!" :lol Also as a gag gift I bought him one of those big cans of "Chilada" (I think it is?) Budweiser, that has Clamato juice mixed with the beer.....he managed to consume about half the can last night, over pizza, before he was too weirded out to finish. I had a tiny sip.....not the worst thing I've ever tasted, but it was definitely an odd flavor combination, at least to me. But I've heard that in the Phillipines, it's common to drink coke mixed with beer, which sounds even stranger...I guess it's all what you're used to.

Happy Birthday Tom and Brennan! It is hard to believe you two are getting so old, while your mom and I manage to stay so young....how does that happen?

Much love to Donna on the boys' birthday as well.......you have raised some fine young men!! :cheers

Our youth obviously emanates from our deep inner beauty, Kate. We will still be gorgeous in our eighties! Can I get an amen or two? :thumbup

Thank you for the compliments. It's sometimes been a rough road, but I can honestly say that I really like the young men my boys are proving to be. No mother can ask for anything more, for her efforts.

Seems I am the only one here who is getting too old for understanding the whole half-birthday stuff :P

We love you anyway, old gal. :cheekkiss

PS - Make Rob buy you some half-gifts on your own half-birthday, March 9th. Suggest half a diamond necklace. :thumbup

I just realized Tom and Brennan share a birthday with one of my favorite people.....my mom!! :cheers

p.s...I love the half-birthday idea!!!

Belated birthday hugs to your mom, Kate! :hug

Hope the two of you had quite a fantastic birthday!!

:cheers , Tom! Come on over to Cooperstown and we'll drink a toast with some quality Brewery Ommegang products!

Brennan, I hope that Harri Ballsak's correspondence with Mr. Kabo is going well! :worship

I just realized Tom and Brennan share a birthday with one of my favorite people.....my mom!! :cheers

How 'bout that, Kate, they also share their birthday with my dad!

:cheers

Now, where's my invite to Cooperstown? ;)

Are you kiddin' darlin??? That invitation was opened up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when you stayed with us in our humble abode and has NEVER closed.

Last weekend of July... bring Em, Graham, and your tent!!! I'll show you the spot in the HOF where Stan Musial introduced himself to me (right in front of Joe Medwick's plaque).