Let's Not Get Carried Away

They played that song a lot in Fall '06. It had some haters, but I wasn't one of them. I wish it would come back.

uno

dos

Wife hates it.

Yeah it was pretty unpopular with some people when they first started playing, I think I remember calling it Jet on steroids, but still redeemable. it wasn't quite as despised as Let's Fight or On and On and On (which I think grew on a lot of people after it came out on the album).

--Mike

Totally, completely ridiculously good live song and I for one would've replaced about 5 songs off of SBS with it. It's available on the flip side of the "What Light" 7".

Totally, completely ridiculously good live song and I for one would've replaced about 5 songs off of SBS with it. It's available on the flip side of the "What Light" 7".

Yeah. The only thing that one could argue about the song is that the riff is a really close copy of "Let's Hear It For Rock and Roll". But then again, the song SBS itself is a close copy of "Far, Far Away", so that argument doesn't really stand up.

How ridiculous would this song be live?? Hope they break it out!!!

I've played it live with Jeff. A group of us played it with him at one of the living room shows last year. It was a blast, and Jeff was totally getting into it. We had lots of pedals and noise. Good times! :D

Heard it as well, St David's College near Pittsburgh in 2006. I remember a longer drum solo, maybe a minute long, I liked it, was "something a bit different"... I remember Jeff commenting (not sure if it was this show or not) that the only way they could get Glen to do a drum solo was to put one on tape first...