Is Jessica Simpson cute?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part one implies being attracted to the Barbie doll is less intelligent.

Part two tries to say that while part one does say that, it doesn't really. Good job...

It would make more sense if you read the book and would perhaps help clear up what appears to be a contradiction.

Short of a thorough review, perhaps this will shed some light.

From the dust jacket:

In a country where the average woman is 5-foot-4 and weighs 140 pounds, movies, advertisements, and MTV saturate our lives with unrealistic images of beauty. The tall, nearly emaciated mannequins that push the latest miracle cosmetic make even the most confident woman question her appearance. Feminist Naomi Wolf argues that women's insecurities are heightened by these images, then exploited by the diet, cosmetic, and plastic surgery industries. Every day new products are introduced to "correct" inherently female "flaws," drawing women into an obsessive and hopeless cycle built around the attempt to reach an impossible standard of beauty. Wolf rejects the standard and embraces the naturally distinct beauty of all women.

It would make more sense if you read the book and would perhaps help clear up what appears to be a contradiction.

Wolf rejects the standard and embraces the naturally distinct beauty of all women.

yes, rejecting the so-called 'standard' and yet embracing the beauty of ALL women is indeed a contradiction. i wouldn't argue that there are some unrealistic standards that women (and men) will take upon themselves relative to their physical appearance...but i don't see what that has to do w/ finding jessica simpson attractive. i can (and do) find all sorts of women of varying body types/personalities/intelligence/whatever attractive, as there are just as many different types of attraction as there are folks to be attracted to.

i'd screw jessica simpson in a heartbeat, but i don't think i'd dig her enough to marry her or maybe even have a conversation of any sort w/ her.

yes, rejecting the so-called 'standard' and yet embracing the beauty of ALL women is indeed a contradiction. i wouldn't argue that there are some unrealistic standards that women (and men) will take upon themselves relative to their physical appearance...but i don't see what that has to do w/ finding jessica simpson attractive. i can (and do) find all sorts of women of varying body types/personalities/intelligence/whatever attractive, as there are just as many different types of attraction as there are folks to be attracted to.

i'd screw jessica simpson in a heartbeat, but i don't think i'd dig her enough to marry her or maybe even have a conversation of any sort w/ her.

thanks for another sexist, hate-filled post.

You know, if some of you would stop reading books about how you are supposed to view women and got out there, you'd probably be able to tap some of that hot ass.

I'd like to know why threads like this are accepted now to begin with - I recall that in that past, such images were removed when people would post them and threads such as this were usually locked or deleted. I, myself, use to post such things back in the early days - and was told this was not the sort of place one should post such images.

Might I recommend The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf as a first step on your road towards a greater understanding?

Just curious, my friend. I bet you had that sort of thing removed from a post a time or two. As I said, I know it happened to me.

i, personally, as i've stated before, have no issue with it. for example, as much as i love it, the 'big swinging ass' pic that created a stir a while back is/was a little more intentionally provocative than some of the images contained in this thread.

my post was just me being a smartass, as i'm prone to do. no foul intended, bean.

back on point however, i really am interested to hear how the book thrown out there has any bearing on whether i find jessica simpson attractive or not? as bobob stated, will reading said book make me less attracted to certain women or is the point that it will make me feel less okay w/ being attracted to certain women?

i guess i'm still not seeing what the 'contradiction' (supposed or otherwise) actually is. jnick, please elaborate before (as usual) i put words in your mouth. :thumbup

i, personally, as i've stated before, have no issue with it. for example, as much as i love it, the 'big swinging ass' pic that created a stir a while back is/was a little more intentionally provocative than some of the images contained in this thread.

my post was just me being a smartass, as i'm prone to do. no foul intended, bean.

back on point however, i really am interested to hear how the book thrown out there has any bearing on whether i find jessica simpson attractive or not? as bobob stated, will reading said book make me less attracted to certain women or is the point that it will make me feel less okay w/ being attracted to certain women?

i guess i'm still not seeing what the 'contradiction' (supposed or otherwise) actually is. jnick, please elaborate before (as usual) i put words in your mouth. :thumbup

Oh - I don't know - check it out. We ain't fighting - I am just questioning the folks who run this place - as to why sometimes things fly, and sometimes they don't.

The funny thing about the "big swinging ass" gif was that it was first posted by Bethanydear when she was a n00b, who was shocked that it caused such a ruckus. On her "Mommy board", such images are posted all the time without embarrassment or shame. (Or being reported.)

The funny thing about the "big swinging ass" gif was that it was first posted by Bethanydear when she was a n00b, who was shocked that it caused such a ruckus. On her "Mommy board", such images are posted all the time without embarrassment or shame.

i found myself feeling neither embarrassment or shame when viewing it. then again, i also find the concept of a "Mommy board" where images like that run rampant a little hot...i'm probably not a good judge of things unacceptable. :monkey

i found myself feeling neither embarrassment or shame when viewing it. then again, i also find the concept of a "Mommy board" where images like that run rampant a little hot...i'm probably not a good judge of things unacceptable. :monkey

I also think you are one of the most sexually, uh, democratic men on this board. :lol