North Mississippi Allstars

Anyone seen these guys live? I have tickets to see them on Feb. 2nd, but it might mean that I go to a show by myself (gasp!), which I've never done. What do you guys think?

I've not seen them, but I have heard they are awesome. And there's nothing wrong with going to a show alone. I've done it many times. (sometimes I even prefer it) :ninja

I've seen them a few times. Excellent band. R.L. Burnside's son is in the band, too. They're Blues/Roots/Rock/Jam. Lots of talent. I thought they played with John Hiatt now.

I'll second going to the show solo. I've been to tons by myself and often prefer it, as well.

I've seen them a few times. Excellent band. R.L. Burnside's son is in the band, too. They're Blues/Roots/Rock/Jam. Lots of talent. I thought they played with John Hiatt now.

I'll second going to the show solo. I've been to tons by myself and often prefer it, as well.

is Duane back with them? Its been two year since i saw them but they always used to put on a great high energy show.

Interesting. I really liked "Shake Hands With Shorty" so I went to see them live in Toronto 5 or 6 years ago. I thought they were one of the least inpirational live bands I've ever seen. No energy, interaction . . . a very rote, though technically adept, performance. Maybe I'll put this down to an off night and give them another chance if the consensus is that they're good live.

I thought they played with John Hiatt now.

they did a number of shows with Hiatt a few years ago, after some of them backed him on "Master of disaster". i have a few shows from that tour and they are all pretty solid. Lately, Hiatt has been doing mostly solo work.

An R.L Burnside song shuffled on just as i started to post..... strange

A band I have read about, but never heard. For those that are familiar with the band, how do you think Luther is going to do in his new role with The Black Crowes? It looks like he is becoming a Warren Haynes Jr.