Residency shows

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I realise this is not to do with the passes..but I'm not starting a whole topic for one question that I had about Residency. Anyone been to the Riviera could tell me what they have at the bar? Anyone? Thanks!

The bar is totally uninspiring. Overpriced beers in small cups, and a very limited selection (think $5 a can of Bud Light). I think there are also mixed drinks--also overpriced, low quality, and in little plastic cups.

Most concert mid sized to large venues in Chicago are pretty limited in terms bar selection. I was shocked when I went to the Wilco show at the Barrymore in Madison and discovered they were serving good local brews in large cups for a reasonable price.

i'm pissed about the 5 tickets crap. we got in special to get a PASS. something unique, collectable. and we get 5 regular tickets. what was the point then? we could've just bought them all separately.

Well, it was definitely easier to purchase one event (5-day pass) than try for each separate day, even though there was no cost benefit on the 5-day pass.

Anyway, I'm a little pissed (not surprised though) that musictoday insisted it would be 1 ticket and then sent out the separate tickets. People wanted to know for purposes of sharing the pass with others and they repeatedly gave out the wrong answer. (In the end, the separate tickets is easier for this purpose.) I will be letting them know.

If you bought the 5-night "pass", then you didn't have to worry about trying to get tickets to multiple individual shows (which a lot of people seemed to have trouble doing). To me, that was the biggest selling point. And getting them through the music today presale meant that I didn't have to sweat out the extra couple of days until they went on sale at ticketmaster.

We weren't promised a special commemorative thing, were we? I do think that the people at music today need to get their act together though, rather than sending out multiple e-mails specifying that it's one pass rather than individual tickets. That's definitely lameness.

We weren't promised a special commemorative thing, were we? I do think that the people at music today need to get their act together though, rather than sending out multiple e-mails specifying that it's one pass rather than individual tickets. That's definitely lameness.

agreed on all accounts gogo. I actually prefer the separate tickets, but they had me trying to figure out hand-off logistics for next week when I didn't need to. I would have rather them said "I have no idea" than bullshit me.

Well, it was definitely easier to purchase one event (5-day pass) than try for each separate day, even though there was no cost benefit on the 5-day pass.

The cost benefit is that you did not have to pay surcharges, fees, etc. on a ticket for each night. They added up pretty quick.

The cost benefit is that you did not have to pay surcharges, fees, etc. on a ticket for each night. They added up pretty quick.

This is true, but all things considered, MusicToday's charges are almost twice as much Ticketmaster's individual surcharges, which we all know are ludacris to begin with. I kinda wish Wilco just had their own fan club, but that would probably be run by MusicToday too, so much for that. :no

The main thing is they are finally here...let the countdown begin! :dancing

Well I just received some freaking fantastic news from Music Today:

"According to the tracking history on www.ups.com, your tickets may be lost in transit."

I stayed calm all this week as everyone else got their tickets, e-mailed them a couple of times, and now I have to wait until Monday to figure this out ... so sad.

Anybody have this happened before? I'll call Monday, and there will be a five day window to figure it out, but I can't help being worried :ohwell

"According to the tracking history on www.ups.com, your tickets may be lost in transit."

I stayed calm all this week as everyone else got their tickets, e-mailed them a couple of times, and now I have to wait until Monday to figure this out ... so sad.

Anybody have this happened before? I'll call Monday, and there will be a five day window to figure it out, but I can't help being worried :ohwell

I'm sorry--that sucks. Just keep on them and demand new tickets right away. And print out any kind of receipts or whatnot that you have.

They forgot to send mine for a show this fall, so I had to call them and put me on Will Call. It'll work out. :dancing

I wasn't sure where to put this. I am coming to Chicago for the Saturday show. I am staying reasonably close to the Riviera Theater. I'm wondering if someone could give me some advice about good bars or restaurants in the general area. I'm looking for casual places that preferably have a good beer selection. Can anyone help me out with some suggestions? Thanks

I wasn't sure where to put this. I am coming to Chicago for the Saturday show. I am staying reasonably close to the Riviera Theater. I'm wondering if someone could give me some advice about good bars or restaurants in the general area. I'm looking for casual places that preferably have a good beer selection. Can anyone help me out with some suggestions? Thanks

This thread should be some help.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?sho...&hl=chicago

:cheers

Hello again, everyone,

I don't claim to be an excellent photographer. In fact, I explicitly claim to be a rather crappy one! But I figured I'd share my photos with all of you. You can check them out on my flickr if you'd like.

At the time of writing this, Night 1 is fully uploaded, and Night 2 is in the process of being uploaded right now. But check back sometime through the week for more. I'm going to all five shows.

Hope someone can enjoy them, other than me :)

(oh, and I'll be going back through and captioning them in time, as well)