Residency shows

I don't know if this has been said already, but I wouldn't worry people.

They could just be doing this to screw over scalpers who thought they'd have the tickets in hand and sold for 5X the price long before the event even takes place.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my five day passes a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes Music Today sends my tickets out right away, sometimes they make me sweat it out.

Music Today, or Ticketmaster? I think someone said they got the five-day passes from Ticketmaster a while back, and that's one thing that I do like about Ticketmaster, they do ship pretty quickly. I'm always on pins and needles about Music Today tix, though.

I'm always on pins and needles about Music Today tix, though.

Yeah, MT freaks me out with tickets....

And we got the print-your-own tickets through ticketmaster and have 10 separate tickets, which is nice since I can't be there Mon and Tues.

Music Today, or Ticketmaster? I think someone said they got the five-day passes from Ticketmaster a while back, and that's one thing that I do like about Ticketmaster, they do ship pretty quickly. I'm always on pins and needles about Music Today tix, though.

You know, now that you mentioned that, I did get mine from Ticketmaster. Sorry if I got anyone nervous. I usually get my stuff through the pre-sales to avoid having to deal with Ticketmaster,

I meant to pipe up the day the e-mail came across, but MusicToday did send out a notification that my 5-day pass was on it's way last Friday. I'm thinking it'll come in tomorrow's mail. Wonder what the pass will look like? Hopefully something artful, and not just a dorky looking ticket. I've got loads of those.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities to meet up during the Wilco Residency. I don't post all that often, but I'd love to meet up with some more VC regulars. I've never met a VC-er that I didn't like.

See some of you soon, and others...

later.

Kevin

I meant to pipe up the day the e-mail came across, but MusicToday did send out a notification that my 5-day pass was on it's way last Friday. I'm thinking it'll come in tomorrow's mail. Wonder what the pass will look like? Hopefully something artful, and not just a dorky looking ticket. I've got loads of those.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities to meet up during the Wilco Residency. I don't post all that often, but I'd love to meet up with some more VC regulars. I've never met a VC-er that I didn't like.

later.

Kevin

I'm thinking it will be some kind of commemorative ticket. No knowledge, just a hunch. Why else would they make it one ticket instead of 5 individuals?

later.

Kevin

We should set up a VC tent.

I just went out to the mailbox to find my Priority Mail envelope. Eagerly ran inside with it and tore it open. Oh what will the 5-day pass look like? It felt substantial like it might be a laminated pass but when I opened the Music Today envelope... 5 tickets brought to you by, you guessed it Ticketmaster. Oh well now that the type of ticket mystery is answered, I am just glad to be going. Hope everyone else is as ecstatic as I am!

I just went out to the mailbox to find my Priority Mail envelope. Eagerly ran inside with it and tore it open. Oh what will the 5-day pass look like? It felt substantial like it might be a laminated pass but when I opened the Music Today envelope... 5 tickets brought to you by, you guessed it Ticketmaster. Oh well now that the type of ticket mystery is answered, I am just glad to be going. Hope everyone else is as ecstatic as I am!

Are you serious?? What a huge disappointment. What happened with all the confirmed emails from musictoday that it would indeed be a 5 day pass?? Obviously they really don't know chit from a hole in the ground over there, but seriously... how can you miss the boat on this one?? I've had special laminate passes from muictoday with different bands, this was certianly an event that should warrant such a thing. Ticketmaster is bad, but MusicToday seriously just blows. All these extra fees and for what?? To make you sweat out actually recieving youre tickets less than 2 weeks before the show...

:ninjatorch

Are you serious?? What a huge disappointment. What happened with all the confirmed emails from musictoday that it would indeed be a 5 day pass?? Obviously they really don't know chit from a hole in the ground over there, but seriously... how can you miss the boat on this one?? I've had special laminate passes from muictoday with different bands, this was certianly an event that should warrant such a thing. Ticketmaster is bad, but MusicToday seriously just blows. All these extra fees and for what?? To make you sweat out actually recieving youre tickets less than 2 weeks before the show...

:ninjatorch

If this is true, the dude from musictoday who emailed me 2-3 times saying it would be 1 ticket should feel pretty stupid.

I am just glad they showed..I don't care what they look like.

LouieB

I'm with you. When they take the stage on Friday night and kick off what will most certainly be a memorable week, it won't make a hill of beans difference what the ticket looks like.

cheers,

kevin

i love your avatar, kevin!

Thanks froggie!

I could totally see my own putties doing this sort of thing, were I to allow it.

Ok I realise this is not to do with the passes..but I'm not starting a whole topic for one question that I had about Residency. Anyone been to the Riviera could tell me what they have at the bar? Anyone? Thanks!

overpriced drinks