Best Wilco 'Hungover' Album?

It's an exercise in futility for me to pick my favorite Wilco album (all I know is its not SBS or AM).

However, yesterday I was napping hungover and went to throw on an album. It wasn't even a question for me: Ghost is my go-to-hungover-album.

The mood of the album is absolutely perfect for a lazy Sunday and it got me wondering -- anyone else have a favorite hungover Wilco album?

Cheers :cheers :upset :music

Really? ALTWYS doesn't rip your head open and play with your hungover brain like a child fingerpainting?

It's still my favorite, but I'd go to SBS or a low-volume Summerteeth.

Maybe I just get really bad hangovers.

Or should stop drinking so much I feel like I want to die on the best of mornings.

Really? ALTWYS doesn't rip your head open and play with your hungover brain like a child fingerpainting?

Or should stop drinking so much I feel like I want to die on the best of mornings.

It doesn't, but I know what you mean -- I definitely go low volume for ALTWYS. I think its the tempo of the album that I find soothing. I can take some ripping guitars hungover, but not the tempo of Can't Stand It or Nothinsever...., Shot in the Arm, etc. By Candyfloss, I'd be 'in your afternoon, and I've been puking'

Though I normally love the aforementioned ST material.

YHF definitely. "I am an american aquarium drinker"

That line gets so much grief, especially in a lot of SBS reviews that refer back to it. It's always been one of my favorites -- I think those reviewers did only a superficial lyrical analysis and just pass it off as pretentious. The imagery always reminds me of American's stereotypical pension for excess (like what causes the hangover) -- I love how the end he still "assasins down the avenue" even though he's dixie-cup drinkin. So yeah, YHF would be my #2 hangover album.