Wilco - If you read this, Charleston still loves you

This is a thread for people who understand and support Wilco's decision to go with SNL instead of Charleston. Yes, I am disappointed that I have to wait until August to see you, and by then I will be moved out of Charleston to another city six hours away, and I'll have to take two days off of work. Of course I'm not happy about it, but you guys did what you had to do, and it's going to take a lot more than that to lose me as a fan. Pissed people, please go here. Understanding/forgiving people, post here. :thumbup

Me too, but I'm not going to like it.

:angry

Yeah, that show sucks.

This is a thread for people who understand and support Wilco's decision to go with SNL instead of Charleston. Yes, I am disappointed that I have to wait until August to see you, and by then I will be moved out of Charleston to another city six hours away, and I'll have to take two days off of work. Of course I'm not happy about it, but you guys did what you had to do, and it's going to take a lot more than that to lose me as a fan. Pissed people, please go here. Understanding/forgiving people, post here. :thumbup

:barf

Is this the human doormat thread?

Even more. I look forward to the day we can meet before a show and remember old times over beers.

I'll happily meet you, if the opportunity arises.

Wilco, I am from Tampa not Charleston. I do not agree with your decision but I still love you.

Rename thread

Bend over Jeff and I will kiss your Butt....

I just heard on the CHicago fm broadcast Jeff saying that they care about their fans and glad they got the coffee and Hot Chocolate for waiting in line..... And he wanted everyone to hear out there in radio land....

Since this was intended to be a non-snarky thread, as opposed to the mostly-snarky other Charleston thread, I'm not merging it, for now. However, I am reserving the right to merge it at some point in the future, based entirely on my whim.

:barf

Is this the human doormat thread?

WTF is wrong with you? It's his opinion, and you have plenty of other threads to go beat off dead horses in.

I just heard on the CHicago fm broadcast Jeff saying that they care about their fans and glad they got the coffee and Hot Chocolate for waiting in line..... And he wanted everyone to hear out there in radio land....

Actually, as he did every night, Tweedy asked fans if they were frostbitten while waiting, and a couple of fans shouted, "Thanks for the coffee!" "Thanks for the hot cocoa!" JT responded by saying that it was John's idea, that he argued against it....blah, blah, blah, [insert self-deprecating banter here].

I understand you wish to characterize them as PR whores; I'm sorry facts keeps getting in the way of that.

What an asshole!

Actually, as he did every night, Tweedy asked fans if they were frostbitten while waiting, and a couple of fans shouted, "Thanks for the coffee!" "Thanks for the hot cocoa!" JT responded by saying that it was John's idea, that he argued against it....blah, blah, blah, [insert self-deprecating banter here].

I waited for hours in the freezing cold for a GG Allin show, only to be smeared with his feces at the top of an 18 minute set. You coddled queens...