• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer is iffy, perhaps, but I thought the same thing about the trailers for Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles. I think I've learned my lesson.

I'm looking forward to this, mostly because we're planning to make it the very first movie our young daughter sees in the movie theater.

I saw a trailer for it at the cinema last week, and it didn't look that interesting to me. Maybe it was just a poor trailer?

How so?

To me, it was more of a teaser. Pixar has always been consistent in not revealing too much of a movie in advance of the release. The most recent trailer is the first one to let us know that there's another robot in the movie than Wall-E.

25 minutes of the movie was recently shown at Wondercon, and everything I've read online suggests it's visually breath-taking and tugs at the emotions. Stanton is a big fan of the 70mm cinemetography used in the great sci-fi movies like 2001 Space Odyssey. He went to great lenths to make Wall-E look like the old sci-fi movies. I hear there's great visuals of outerspace.

Wall-E may be a character that everyone finds loveable. Stanton says he got the idea for Wall-E's look from binoculars. He observed years ago that, when turned up and down, the binoculars appeared to have two different emotions. Maybe the movie will be a little corny, but based on Pixar's track record, I'm guessing not.

Personally, there's not a movie in 2008 I'm looking more forward to.

How so?

To me, it was more of a teaser. Pixar has always been consistent in not revealing too much of a movie in advance of the release. The most recent trailer is the first one to let us know that there's another robot in the movie than Wall-E.

25 minutes of the movie was recently shown at Wondercon, and everything I've read online suggests it's visually breath-taking and tugs at the emotions. Stanton is a big fan of the 70mm cinemetography used in the great sci-fi movies like 2001 Space Odyssey. He went to great lenths to make Wall-E look like the old sci-fi movies. I hear there's great visuals of outerspace.

Wall-E may be a character that everyone finds loveable. Stanton says he got the idea for Wall-E's look from binoculars. He observed years ago that, when turned up and down, the binoculars appeared to have two different emotions. Maybe the movie will be a little corny, but based on Pixar's track record, I'm guessing not.

Personally, there's not a movie in 2008 I'm looking more forward to.

Are you really Andrew Stanton or do you just work for Pixar?

I've seen this trailer a few times now with my three year old. She's nuts about it. I think it looks pretty cute too but I also picked up on the Johnny-5 look. It's a good look for a robot! I bet it's going to be pretty good.

WallE_FirstImage.jpg

cowboyj.jpg

:ermm

i love pixar and just about every little thing they've ever done...but i'm completely underwhelmed by the trailer myself. if the premise is tha there only two charachters, wall-e and whatever touches down on earth, it hits me as just a longer version of one of their shorts. little depth of charachter and story.

that said, i'll probably still love it. bastards.

I can't wait for this one, personally. Stanton's no Brad Bird, but a colleague of mine who was at WC as an exhibitor stole some time to check out the footage and said it was dazzling. Everything I've heard and read suggests we're in for a visual masterpiece supported by a heart-rending, but ultimately hopeful, moral. I'll be there on opening day, as I'm sure will hundreds of thousands of other folks.

I can't wait for this one, personally. Stanton's no Brad Bird, but a colleague of mine who was at WC as an exhibitor stole some time to check out the footage and said it was dazzling. Everything I've heard and read suggests we're in for a visual masterpiece supported by a heart-rending, but ultimately hopeful, moral. I'll be there on opening day, as I'm sure will hundreds of thousands of other folks.

if you are so poor, you may want to think twice about going to the movies. i'd at least wait until you can rent it.

I won't tell you to fuck off.

It's cool that I can actually mock and chuckle at the target of the post's ire.

(Now - this is where you post your response in the form of something taken out of context from a another thread or post, oh, I don't know, like - "proven to be true" or "don't taze me bro!" or something to that effect. You're like a toddler with a new word or phrase who can't help but repeat it and repeat it and repeat it and....)

nope, my response may be out of context to wall-e, but not my man the maker...proven to be true (i keed).

At this point, the Pixar banner is all I really need to be interested. I don't even need to know the title. I'll show up and ask for tickets for "that Pixar thing."