• Band of Horses Clone
    • Own free standing entity
    • other

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleet Foxes definitely gave David Crosby's "If I Only Could Remember My Name" more than a few spins before they recorded their full length, which isn't a bad thing. I wonder if this classic rock revival type music will be the next big thing.

I didn't vote in the poll, but that singer sounds WAY too much like Jim James. I'd just as soon listen to My Morning Jacket. The music, however, is good and unique. They're a pretty good band, but the vocal similarity kind of puts a damper on me checking them out or buying an album.

I can tell you from having seen them theyre even better live than on record. The singing/harmonies is the highlight, very much their signature. Nothing like MMJ live who rock WAY harder, this lot are much more pastoral.

• 3 weeks later...

Unbelievable show at Bottom of The Hill in SF last night. Chill inducing vocal harmonies that were as seamless as anyone I've seen the last five years or so. As much as the record has grown on me the last few months, the live show topped it by a mile. Funny, good natured guys on stage as well. Do yourself a favor and check'em out. You will not be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

Saw'em again last Friday night In Portland at the Doug Fir. (Great venue by the way). Once again, they did not disappoint. NOT TO BE MISSED.

I posted this in another thread if anyone's interested.

Have you heard this ?

http://philspector.files.wordpress.com/200...leeet-foxes.jpg

2006 self-titled 6 track ep.

1. She Got Dressed

2. In The Hot, Hot Rays

3. Anyone Who