I would like to file a formal complaint with whomever decided it was a good idea to mess with the start and end dates of daylight savings time. I hadn't realized how much emotional significance I had attached to the timing of the time changes until they went and messed with it. And now its just all screwed up. Halloween is now bright and sunny for trick or treating. WTF? And don't get me started about the spring time change. Typically a harbinger of springtime, I usually find myself spending as much time as possible outside the first few days after the time change--playing outside with the kids, doing yardwork, or driving around in the car with music playing (and possibly even the windows cracked a litte) enjoying the emotional lift from the extra daylight and the promise of springtime around the corner.

This year I awoke the morning after the time change and there were 2 feet of snow on the ground. :omg My internal clock is all screwed up.

If they had to mess with something, couldn't they have just moved Groundhog Day or something? Come on. Seriously.

I like it better when you move back the clock in the Fall. A whole hour where time doesn't exist - very "Twilight Zone"-ish.

I like it better when you move back the clock in the Fall. A whole hour where time doesn't exist - very "Twilight Zone"-ish.

Yeah, if you do something absolutely fiendish during that hour, does it count?

I love the positive emotional jolt I get from the extra daylight towards the end of the day, but it is a bit odd to have it already. I usually associate it with the start of baseball's regular season. But I'll take it nonetheless! :dancing

Ok, I can see that. More daylight is definitely a good thing. I actually enjoy the shorter days in the late fall--from Halloween through New Year the early darkness has a novelty to it and is kind of invigorating. After that, my seasonal-depression kicks in around mid-January and I stay in a funk until baseball season starts.

... Hell, move 'em even more, or just go to DST permanently. Anything that results in more light later into the evening is fine by me.

Now this I can get behind. I just don't understand the purpose of the fall change, daylight hours are so short in the winter what do you really gain?

Just move to Arizona and stop arguing.

Maybe I will, at least they don't hang on to some antiquated bull crap concept.

Guest Jules
I would like to file a formal complaint with whomever decided it was a good idea to mess with the start and end dates of daylight savings time. I hadn't realized how much emotional significance I had attached to the timing of the time changes until they went and messed with it. And now its just all screwed up. Halloween is now bright and sunny for trick or treating. WTF? And don't get me started about the spring time change. Typically a harbinger of springtime, I usually find myself spending as much time as possible outside the first few days after the time change--playing outside with the kids, doing yardwork, or driving around in the car with music playing (and possibly even the windows cracked a litte) enjoying the emotional lift from the extra daylight and the promise of springtime around the corner.

This year I awoke the morning after the time change and there were 2 feet of snow on the ground. :omg My internal clock is all screwed up.

If they had to mess with something, couldn't they have just moved Groundhog Day or something? Come on. Seriously.

It'll be ok, man.

all i know is i am all screwed up from the change. i don't like not being tired when i need to go to sleep. plus, i think it made my cat crazy.

If that's your cat in your avatar, he's probably been crazy since birth. I think orange cats are just that way.

Holy she-it, another thing Q23CD and I agree on. The four horsemen of the apocalypse must be saddling up, or RichRod and the boys will take the Sweatervest this year.

And as for who to blame, you can thank my* representative in Congress, Fred Upton ® for the changed dates.

* Don't blame me, I didn't vote for the guy.

I think orange cats are just that way.

it's so true! and if you think orange cats are crazy, try tortoise shells, they're psychotic! it's a genetic thing. something about the wrong number of x or y chromosomes.

as for the time change, it has me all out of whack! the extra sunlight is supposed to coincide with warm invigorating weather. don't get me wrong, i'm enjoying the extra daylight hours, it makes me feel human again, out of the dulldrums, but dear me, could someone please make this cold weather go away. i'm really tired of not being able to get warm. bbrrrrrrr.

I have two orange cats.

One is crazy in the sense that he has major anxiety issues.....he is terribly scared of strangers. However, he is usually the snuggliest cat I have ever known.

My other orange cat - well, he's a bit of a spazz, but is a sweetie.