My band was shot at Saturday Night

Saturday night after our show on Edisto Island at about 4 in the morning, the members of my band were riding home in our drummers SUV pulling our equipment trailer.

Well, someone decided to pull up behind them and open fire on their moving vehicle. They fired 7-10 rounds with two bullets hitting the vehicle, one taking out Ryan's (our singer) window and the other hitting above and behind where he was sitting. They are all ok, just got a few cuts from the glass, but no medical attention was required . As you can see from the pictures, they are EXTREMELY lucky that no one got hit.

The police were pretty much like: "you got shot at? no-one got hit? Alright, well have a nice night. I have more calls to tend to."

I drove back in my own vehicle that night, so thankfully I wasn't involved. But still, I'm just glad they are ok, and they are very lucky no one got hurt.

Here are some pics of our drummers suv:

DSCN0892.jpg

DSCN0887.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

"Holy crap!" is what I was gong to say too, Sooie!

That's just crazy...so, it was just random shooting? Nobody in the band is boning someone's wife or something, right?

I'm glad no one was hurt. It could have turned out so tragically. Jeez...craziness.

Was this in Edisto Island or on one of those dark backroads on the way back to Charleston? Pretty scary stuff.

It sure was.. On hwy 165 between 17 and Walterboro.. Not the best part of town..

"Holy crap!" is what I was gong to say too, Sooie!

That's just crazy...so, it was just random shooting? Nobody in the band is boning someone's wife or something, right?

I'm glad no one was hurt. It could have turned out so tragically. Jeez...craziness.

It appears that it was just random.. The band has been joking about it "jeeze, I thought we played a good show!"

It sure was.. On hwy 165 between 17 and Walterboro.. Not the best part of town..

No kidding. I wouldn't want to be driving alone in that part of the state. Every yahoo and their kid probably owns a gun.

wow, i'm glad everyone is alright. i'm curious about their reaction though, did the driver speed up or brake? did everyone dive under the seats?

I asked the same questions, and the driver sped up.. The first shot hit beside the window, so at that point they ducked.. If they hadn't ducked, the shot that took out the window could have hit someone..

When the driver sped up, the shooter eventually turned off another road.

holy cow, I've imagined that scenario coming back from many a show in Manhattan/Brooklyn, but thankfully it never happened... so sorry they had to deal with that, but thank God no one was hurt. The band's bound to be tighter now, look what they've been through together!

Guest Muncle Douchey

those guys will have a great story to tell about "being on the road". glad no one was hurt.

so you ride to/from gigs alone? not with the band? remember what happened to jay?

Look, I'm sorry about that, I was just venting and to be quite honest, you played a pretty sloppy set - and your drummers kit made verbal threats to bodily harm on at least two separate occasions, the bass, four. :realmad

:rotfl

Yeah, and maybe they were pissed because we didn't play Free Bird!

holy cow, I've imagined that scenario coming back from many a show in Manhattan/Brooklyn, but thankfully it never happened... so sorry they had to deal with that, but thank God no one was hurt. The band's bound to be tighter now, look what they've been through together!

Exactly.. Yes, the band has many crazy stories in our 12 year history, but this one tops them all.

those guys will have a great story to tell about "being on the road". glad no one was hurt.

so you ride to/from gigs alone? not with the band? remember what happened to jay?

haha yeah.. I ride to/from that show alone because it's only an hour drive from my house. The rest of the band lives in Columbia.

Sorry if I missed it but do they have any indication that it was random or targeted? I'm assuming it was random. Shit that would be scary. Side note, did any of your band members urinate themselves?

It appears to be random.. Update to follow this post.. No urine, that I know of..

This was copied straight from an email from our drummer:

I was just called by the Newberry County Sherriff who has been in contact with the Colleton County Sherriff. According to them, about 1 hour after we were shot at in the same area, another random shooting like ours occurred only this time the guy returned fire and shot one of the guys who possibly shot at us. So now they think that have the shooter in custody in the hospital. And the body shop that is working on my car has been contacted to try and retrieve the bullets if possible to try and match them to the shooter's gun.

Sounds hard to believe, but wow.. It was some crazy guy just randomly shooting at cars! I hope they can match the bullets and nab the guy..