Raconteurs 2nd Album

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really am enjoying this one and agree that this record sounds more like a full band than the previous one.

would be interested to know whether the songwriting credits are broken down differently than bbs.

i really am enjoying this one and agree that this record sounds more like a full band than the previous one.

would be interested to know whether the songwriting credits are broken down differently than bbs.

i read elsewhere that the songs are cocredited to brendan and jack but can't confirm that on my lps after a very quick inspection.

good record but a little too white stripes compared to the first cd for my taste. sounds great, though.

Rich Kid Blues sounds like Styx :stunned

well i flipped to side four and went to take a pee. and sure enough i thought styx was jamming out in my den. but where are the spaceships?

and to add, i just put on the dbts' sro and it is about 50 times better than the raconteurs' lp. oh well...

I listened to this a few times now and I'm really loving it, which is weird because I totally figured it was not my thing. I was not very keen on Icky Thump (some really good songs, but also some weak moments and production kills it) or Broken Boy Soldiers (I liked about 3 songs but the rest seemed like b-side material). Get Behind Me Satan is probably my favorite overall JW album.

Anyway, they sound so much more urgent on this album. It seems more off-the-cuff and like they are having fun. Plus it's full of great songs bursting with hooks. What a fun guitar rock pop record - can't wait to hear it in the summer.

Tour dates:

04-20 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom *

04-21 Seattle, WA - Neumo's *

04-22 Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom *

04-23 San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's 365 Club *

04-25 Indio, CA - Coachella

04-26 Las Vegas, NV - The Joint *

04-28 Denver, CO - The Fillmore Auditorium *

04-29 Kansas City, MO - Uptown Theatre *

05-01 Dallas, TX - House of Blues *

05-02 Austin, TX - Stubb's BBQ *

05-03 Austin, TX - Stubb's BBQ *

05-04 New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

05-27 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club ^

05-28 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club ^

05-30 New York, NY - Terminal 5 ^

06-03 Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion ^

06-04 Montreal, Quebec - Metropolis ^

06-05 Toronto, Ontario - Ricoh Coliseum ^

06-07 Detroit, MI - The Fillmore ^

06-09 Columbus, OH - LC Amphitheater ^

06-10 Cincinnati, OH - National City Pavilion ^

06-12 St. Louis, MO - Pageant #

06-13 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo

06-26 Arendal, Norway - Hove Festival

07-03 Gdynia, Poland - Heineken Opener Festival

07-12 Kinross, Scotland - T in the Park

07-13 Naas, Ireland - Oxegen Festival

* with Birds of Avalon

^ with Black Lips

# with the Fiery Furnaces

Check theraconteurs.com very retro website under Media, there's now a new video posted. (Salute Your Solution)

It's pretty good...I think I'll look for the album now.

• 2 weeks later...
It is indeed one hell of a tune.

http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvillec...nteurs_live.php

Looks like it closed out the main set on opening night. I'm kind of partial to "Rich Kid Blues" and "Top Yourself". Also, the Jack White part in the title track "If you're looking for an accomplice, a Confederate..........you're gonna find, find yourself alone". :rock

Anyone know how long their shows typically run? With that setlist, it looks like 90 minutes tops.

[Anyone know how long their shows typically run? With that setlist, it looks like 90 minutes tops.

I think it's still too early to say what will be typical for this tour. I have seen them twice (once was one of their first shows and the other was at a festival) and both were just over an hour. But now that they have a whole 'nother album of material, I'm hoping the shows are a bit longer.

P.S. there is a pro-shot DVD up on DIME right now. Pretty good stuff.

I still cannot get into this album as a whole. It's just completely lacking something. I'm really not sure what it is, but I'm not digging it much. I especially dislike the choice for the first single.

i'm with you... sure it "rocks" and there's some pretty interesting stuff going on musically, but the songs just aren't quite there. and yes, Salute Your Solution isn't a very good song at all, especially for the first single.