Battles = Hellyeah

Anyone listened to Mirrored at length? I didn't take to it at first but the more I listen to it the more compelling it becomes. The tapped guitars and keyboards in unison is the coolest thing I have heard in a long time. I'm not a huge math rock type but I've always loved Tortoise and this record definitely has some of that vibe, albeit with a harder edge (and more pitch shifting). What do you guys think?

Anyone listened to Mirrored at length? I didn't take to it at first but the more I listen to it the more compelling it becomes. The tapped guitars and keyboards in unison is the coolest thing I have heard in a long time. I'm not a huge math rock type but I've always loved Tortoise and this record definitely has some of that vibe, albeit with a harder edge (and more pitch shifting). What do you guys think?

I can't get into this...no matter how hard I try! I have given it about 5 listens. I found nothing appealing about it yet. The voice irratates me to no end. I dunno :ermm

I'm sure the voice is an issue for some people ... I admit that it took me a while to warm up to the album in general. Then I put on some headphones and started to realize how tight all the rhythms fit together. It's like a jigsaw puzzle. It's amazing how awesome these guys are at doing this stuff. I can't believe there are no pre-recorded samples for the live show.

I got it a few months ago. So far, I don't feel like I was missing out on anything by not having heard it. Maybe it'll win me over. I feel exactly the same about this band as I do about Don Caballero.

... just kidding :P No love, huh? Well, I can't say it's the first time everyone thought I was nuts for recommending an album.

I liked it the first tiime I listened to it, and since then I haven't gotten anything out of it. It's not in the trade-in pile yet. I'm still hoping to be won over. I'd probably like it more if I saw them play live.