i have been listening to the mmj npr show for about a week now and i am jacked about the new record.

love: evil urges, i'm amazed :worship , and sec walking

not so sure about highly suspicious yet... very interesting though and i was singing it today riding around in my car.

So far my favorite from the new songs is "Smokin' From Shootin'". But, I am really diggin' em all right now. June still feels like an eternity away.............

What is this about new tracks? I need more information...I beg you.

New My Morning Jacket songs from SXSW.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=88163634

Track list from the NPR recording ... new songs highlighted to aid in your new-song-listening efficiency :thumbup

"Evil Urges"

"Off the Record"

"Gideon"

"Highly Suspicious"

"What a Wonderful Man"

"I'm Amazed"

"Thank You Too"

"Golden"

"Sec Walkin'"

"Wordless Chorus"

"Way He Sings"

"Aluminum Park"

"One Big Holiday"

"Run Thru"

"Smokin' From Shootin'"

"Touch Me Pt. 2"

"Steam Engine"

"Lay Low"

"Mahgeetas"

"Anytime"

So far my favorite from the new songs is "Smokin' From Shootin'". But, I am really diggin' em all right now. June still feels like an eternity away.............

yeah, that song is amazing, especially solo

Touch Me, I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2 is the first single i guess

So, I only have one MMJ album, Z. I like it a lot. Should I go for At Dawn next, or something else?

Okonokos would also be a good choice. Excellent live album and it would introduce you to several songs from At Dawn and It Still Moves.

I'm fairly new to MMJ, but isn't Aluminum Park a new track off of Evil Urges? If it is, I would have to say that is probably my favorite new song based on the NPR webcast.

Aluminum Park reminds me of The Who. I only listened to this show a few times, but my favorite new song was I'm Amazed. I'm going to attempt not to listen to anymore new stuff until June 10th.

So, I'm basically the only dude who thinks I'm Amazed is by far the weakest of the new tracks? It's a lot of fun, but it suffers for being pretty much exactly what you'd expect the guys to crank out following Z. Not that there's anything wrong with another big rocker from MMJ, mind you.

I can't stop listening to Evil Urges. It's one of the - wait for it - most amazing rock songs of all time, in my opinion. The refrain (not that you can get away with calling it that) just takes off like a shot and the guitar breakdown three and a half minutes in is like a fuckin' rock and roll puma in flight. There are so many influences mingling here, too, from dub and reggae to just balls-out barnstorming stad-rock, but what kills me is how flawlessly they come together in the same piece. I think it's by far the best song the band has ever given us, and I'm really, really, really nervous that the album version might not live up to its promise, given all the reports about how weird the production is supposed to be.

I also think Smokin' from Shootin', Sec Walkin' and Thank You Too are pretty much perfect songs. There's a very real Al Green, late Motown influence on these tracks, and again, the choruses are just motherfucking incredible. EU will be MMJ's finest hour, if the songs have anything to say about it, but I'm kind of worried that we'll end up with another SBS (i.e., a great record, but one hindered by its oh-this-could-and-should-have-been-done-better production).

i'd be shocked if Evil Urges even comes close to touching At Dawn for me, but i welcome it with open arms/ears :)

as for the title cut... i like it a lot, especially seeing it live in Austin, but i think Smokin' is my favorite at the moment.

Thanks for the links. MMJ is probably one of my favorite bands ( and the best show I've ever seen, hands down). I'm excited for the new album. I think you could kind of tell on Z that some of the members were new to the band....things didn't really start gelling until the tour afterwards, imo.