So it has now leaked and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on it are?

It's definitely a lot darker and epic sound but I dunno if I dig that as much as the pure pop of Return To The Sea. There's some really solid tracks but the album goes on forever tracking in at over an hour, and personally that is too long for my liking. The Arm is a pretty killer opener though.

I think it's okay, but not great. Not as good as the last one, certainly, and maybe a bit overblown. There are lots of musical/lyrical references to older songs on it, though (notably the entire last movement of A Quick One While He's Away, which made my draw drop when I heard it), and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Yeah I really love the Who part in Into The Rushes.

Upon more and more listens the album is getting better with each time. Anyone else feel that Diamonds' vocals are really solid throughout? A lot better than Return To The Sea IMO.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the new record this week its been in heavy rotation so let me say I think its great.

Its not as progy as the reviews have led on but you certainly have to put effort to get something out of it which isnt a bad thing considering how great soem moments are on this record, personaly I highly recomend it, great songwriting great arrangments the best montreal band of this era.