Congrats on the boy q23! :thumbup I'd consider going with Jerome John for the name, but you know me. :rolleyes

So sweet! Congrats on your new baby boy! He's so lucky to have 3 older sisters to adore him.

My family was girl-girl-boy (me the middle child) and I was 4 when he was born. I thought this kid was the coolest thing ever, and the greatest gift our family could have possibly received. I still do.

We also have 4 kids but we had 3 boys before having our girl. Our youngest are also just shy of 13 months apart.

Honestly, the transition from 3 kids to 4 kids was the easiest yet.

Thank you for the reassurance! :yes I was awake most of last night. The baby is a great sleeper so far--he just wakes up every 3 hours like clockwork to eat, but he isn't too fussy and goes back to sleep easily enough. Our one year old, on the other hand, is not such a great sleeper. So she kept me up for the 3 solid hours that Ian was sleeping--crying and wanting Daddy--she only wants me during the night when she is fussy, which is cute and someday I absolutely will miss our late-night bonding time, but I think in total I was awake 12:00-5:00 and finally caught about 45 min of sleep before the alarm went off.

:coffee

Its a good thing these kids are so darned cute! :wub

When Grace was born, we moved Jacob out of our room and into his own room. He wouldn't go to sleep at night and would keep everyone else up crying. So we had to resort to cry it out with him. I think it took us two days of letting him cry and he became the best sleeper.

Grace has always been a good sleeper, which I'm sure helped things. She was sleeping for 6+ hours at about 2 weeks, but she liked to co-sleep and I think having either Jay or I there is what helped her sleep. When she was about 10 months old, she had enough of sleeping in our bed and wanted to sleep in hers. I was sad, she was a cuddly baby and I liked having her there.

We may yet resort to cry-it-out with Corrine. My wife remains opposed (although she's generally not the one staying up with her! :lol), but last night I was ready to. As it was, I let her go longer than usual...but she kept waking the baby, too, so I dunno.

She generally sleeps really well in her crib in her room for the first 3-4 hours of the night, but after that it is a crapshoot from night to night. Some nights she'll wake up once, want some milk, and go back to sleep. Other nights she needs to be held and rocked and carried around for however long it takes to get her asleep enough that she won't wake up and scream bloody murder when we set her back down in her bed.(and she has ears like a hawk, so there can be no sound anywhere in the house or she's up) She doesn't co-sleep very well--wants to get up and play if we're around--but getting her down in her own bed is sometimes difficult.

So this is a challenge we didn't anticipate when we first got pregnant with Ian--we figured she'd be sleeping through the night by this point since our older daughters were both sleeping through the night by 2 months. Ian is in our room with us right now, but he and Corrine will eventually be sharing a bedroom for the forseeable future, so we definitely need to get these sleeping issues sorted out now.

I highly recommend this book.

QT3CD, this can help with sleep issues from ages 0-5. It helped me get Jake to sleep though the night after he was 10 lbs (for him, 5 weeks), and he has been a great sleeper his whole life. Plus, it WILL help you with your younger daughter. Good luck!