well I am making your lil girl something that is actually a nice cream color.......I hope I don't mess it up, like the other project I was working on for you. I haven't given up on the other mess up though.....well, not yet.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I am making your lil girl something that is actually a nice cream color.......I hope I don't mess it up, like the other project I was working on for you. I haven't given up on the other mess up though.....well, not yet.

Bring that other thing with you next time you're in town. I'll fix it.

oh man - I have tried a number of methods to get it to work, and am just not happy with any of them - so I will bring it all and you can look........help me finish it, and I will buy you a latte or 3. :hug

It's a deal! :thumbup I don't think I can replicate your original idea, but I've got a few others.

Oh! Send pictures of the ... individual components. You know I have connections who can offer suggestions. I can pass around the pictures in advance and get some expert opinions.

Hand-knit items were my favorite baby gifts. :wub

Yeah, I've had to eat crow on lots of "I'll never" statements regarding kids (or having kids at all). I never liked pink, but somehow having little girls made me soften to it. :) Now I think it's sweet how excited the girls get over sparkly pinks! I consider it a coming of age for me. :)

can i see pictures of the components?

I just can't stand when people try to tell you to raise your kid like they did theirs and that is the best way. Then you look at their kid and it looks and acts like a rabid animal.

I just can't stand when people try to tell you to raise your kid like they did theirs and that is the best way. Then you look at their kid and it looks and acts like a rabid animal.

Amen sister. although i have no kids, i have few problems with telling others how to raise theirs. That's the difference.

:monkey

Sorry..the pink thing wasn't meant to upset..just how i felt personally. HONEST!

I think if I were to have kids I'd probably do better with boys anyway...I'm all about sports and being outside..heck I hunt...and never really got into girly stuff..that's just me tho.

No. Calm down.

Oh, that drives me nuts.

Sorry..the pink thing wasn't meant to upset..just how i felt personally. HONEST!

I think if I were to have kids I'd probably do better with boys anyway...I'm all about sports and being outside..heck I hunt...and never really got into girly stuff..that's just me tho.

Dude, girls do outdoors things and play sports as well. Goofus!

ok how about..i rebel against makeup

my hair is only long cause i'm hoping to chop it and donate it

i usually wear it in a ponytail

oh and i have to admit

girls acting girly and all like taking 4 hours to shop..no i cant do it..the closest i can get is going to IKEA

Dude, girls do outdoors things and play sports as well. Goofus!

Mine sure does! She's been pestering her great-grandpa to take her fishing.

My kid's favorite color? Green. Favorite animal? Dinosaurs (T Rex, specifically). Loves watching baseball, although my husband and I never do so I have no idea where that came from. Prefers The Clash to Miley Cyrus. She spent a good 10 minutes carrying a live earthworm around the yard the other night. Requested a "spooky spider" costume for Halloween last year.

Kids tend to come out with a lot of traits we never expect. And parents tend to develop interests they never thought they'd have, just because their kids are interested.

Most of the parents of girls I know don't care if their daughters grow up to wear makeup, like to shop, etc. Sure, some do want to ingrain "girliness". From what I see, though, most parents just want their kids to be happy and true to themselves.

oh and i have to admit

girls acting girly and all like taking 4 hours to shop..no i cant do it..the closest i can get is going to IKEA

I was like this until about age 21. I still do some boy stuff. or did.

this was my favorite thing as a toddler

rubbertirebigfoot.jpg

i will so have to dig up some pictures of myself from age 3-9. I looked like a boy.

oh and i have to admit

I've tried crafting 3 or 4 responses to you but they all sound super pissed off. So I'm just gonna refer you to Title IX and remind you that this isn't 1955, there's a lot of socially-accepted gender-bending these days. It's insulting the way you divide things into "girl" and "boy" activities and then pretend that you were so rebellious by breaking these stereotypes -- stereotypes that you, in fact, have reinforced and perpetuated with things like your comments on the color pink and preferring boys because you like sports.

[/end rant, return to buying Jenna gifts]

PS to Jenna, sorry for dragging that into your thread.

I packed a bunch of baby junk to send to Jenna during this. None of it's pink.

I've tried crafting 3 or 4 responses to you but they all sound super pissed off. So I'm just gonna refer you to Title IX and remind you that this isn't 1955, there's a lot of socially-accepted gender-bending these days. It's insulting the way you divide things into "girl" and "boy" activities and then pretend that you were so rebellious by breaking these stereotypes -- stereotypes that you, in fact, have reinforced and perpetuated with things like your comments on the color pink and preferring boys because you like sports.

[/end rant, return to buying Jenna gifts]

PS to Jenna, sorry for dragging that into your thread.

:blink

I love pink. i don't think i had any pink as a kid, because all my clothes were hand-me downs, and there are no pics of me in little pink outfits. My father did a lot of my clothes shopping when i became a bigger kid and we shopped at stores that were next to bars, and so mostly I wore mismatched and ill-fitting boys clothes and jeans plus more 10 year old hand-me-downs.

Once I became an adult, and realized I had boobs and curves, I started buying clothes that looked good on me. Some of those clothes, because of my hair color and fair skin (plus freckles) happened to be pink. I also love shopping for 4 hours. Oh My Cod i love shopping. Sometimes I'll spend half the day at the mall just looking at stuff and trying on dresses. Like yesterday. And Tuesday! Maybe Today!

So, if you deny your girlchild pink when she's little, she will turn out like me. And no one wants that.

there is no way I could shop for four hours and just look.

I don't have a shopping problem, I have a buying problem. I can walk in a store for 10 minutes and have my arms full. My best friend refuses to ever go shopping with me again (i know she will though) because I make her tired and she ends up carrying my stuff.

I'm not very girly, although I do love my mani/pedi's, but my 3 year old niece is as girly as they come. Everything she loves is princess themed. And pink. I'm trying to sway her over to the dark side by buying her a tball set for her birthday. My sister in law will be horrified.