this thread is really something.

i will say this. i'm glad it's a girl because when she thought it was a boy, i remember Jenna saying she was a little dissappointed because she wanted a girl. (and she probably didn't even know how much easier and earlier girls potty train at the time)

i will also say that everyone is different and whatever and however a mother wants to raise her kids is not up to anyone but her and whomever she chooses to be involved and have input. pink is fine, yellow is fine, hell any color on a baby is fine cause you only get a few months out of baby clothes and when it's hot, the kid will be in a diaper and a onesie anyway.

the most annoying thing i remember when i was a first time parent was not people telling me/us how to raise children. it was more of people trying to scare you about being a parent like, oh, just wait till you've changed a million diapers or oh, just wait till they cry & don't sleep for days cause of an ear infection, or oh, just wait till they start walking and swallowing nickels and put popcorn kernels up their noses.

so take the advice you like and ignore everyone else.

oh, and i hope i didn't scare you with all that other stuff up in that other paragraph. i made that shit up. kids don't get sick and they never put stuff in their mouths or noses.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread is really something.

i will say this. i'm glad it's a girl because when she thought it was a boy, i remember Jenna saying she was a little dissappointed because she wanted a girl. (and she probably didn't even know how much easier and earlier girls potty train at the time)

i will also say that everyone is different and whatever and however a mother wants to raise her kids is not up to anyone but her and whomever she chooses to be involved and have input. pink is fine, yellow is fine, hell any color on a baby is fine cause you only get a few months out of baby clothes and when it's hot, the kid will be in a diaper and a onesie anyway.

the most annoying thing i remember when i was a first time parent was not people telling me/us how to raise children. it was more of people trying to scare you about being a parent like, oh, just wait till you've changed a million diapers or oh, just wait till they cry & don't sleep for days cause of an ear infection, or oh, just wait till they start walking and swallowing nickels and put popcorn kernels up their noses.

so take the advice you like and ignore everyone else.

oh, and i hope i didn't scare you with all that other stuff up in that other paragraph. i made that shit up. kids don't get sick and they never put stuff in their mouths or noses.

thank you! I was just thinking about how ridiculous this thread is getting too.

I had a dream the other day that I got to hear one of those "just wait" or "you don't even know yet" stories and I completely went off on them. I haven't had an emotional outburst yet. This scares me cause I think when I do, it is going to be like the apocolypse.

shhhhhhh. then EVERYONE will want some.

Ok, let's get this baby train back on track--Jenna, what's the new due date? You're not planning on moving or anything are you?

thank you! i was about two seconds from speaking my mind.

the new date is August 2.

Moving? hell no. bitches gotta have money to move.

I had a dream the other day that I got to hear one of those "just wait" or "you don't even know yet" stories and I completely went off on them. I haven't had an emotional outburst yet. This scares me cause I think when I do, it is going to be like the apocolypse.

I got really good at smiling and nodding and going completely blank when people said shit like this. Yeah, parenting is difficult. We all know that.

Girl babies poop ice cream. True story.

They do? Then mine's defective! :stunned

Guest Jules

This thread is making me nostalgic. We don't know what we're having this time, but man girl babies are something...

Elisapic.jpg

Good luck Jenna, and don't take shit from anyone!

This thread is making me nostalgic. We don't know what we're having this time, but man girl babies are something...

I can never see your pictures when you post them, but I know you have a picture there because I'm quote-replying. Hmm. Also, are you guys going for the element of surprise or is it too early to tell?

Also, I think I've said this before, but of all the parents who talk about their kids around here, I find yours most adorable. You ooze love and pride every time you talk about her. Maybe it's because I saw the look on your face when you whipped out your phone with the picture of her on it and just held it up to show me without saying a word, but daaaaaaaamn, you're a good dad. Anyway... :blush

Guest Jules
I can never see your pictures when you post them, but I know you have a picture there because I'm quote-replying. Hmm. Also, are you guys going for the element of surprise or is it too early to tell?

Also, I think I've said this before, but of all the parents who talk about their kids around here, I find yours most adorable. You ooze love and pride every time you talk about her. Maybe it's because I saw the look on your face when you whipped out your phone with the picture of her on it and just held it up to show me without saying a word, but daaaaaaaamn, you're a good dad. Anyway... :blush

Thanks Kim, that's very kind. Yeah, she has me wrapped around her finger. And, yes, we are going for the element of surprise. Could have found out, but opted out.

Can you see the pic now?

OK, back to Sistersooie...sorry for interjecting.

I'm trying to picture you doing this.

The sleep deprivation helped. Made me a little slower on the draw.

I probably mouthed off, but just don't remember it. :monkey My memory sucked during pregnancy and the first year after, so it's entirely possible I was saying the things in my head without realizing it.

I did go off on the old woman at Whole Foods who told my then-6-month-old that she needed to go on Weight Watchers. That bitch almost got a six-pack of organic beer cracked over her skull.

Man, I love ultrasounds. :) When she yawned at the end, I thought she was trying to lick her elbow.

She looks like a wiggly one!

How about sticking a pink bow on her head with scotch tape? The first time I saw my kid, that's what she had. I briefly wondered if she came out wearing that thing.