Ticket Question

Has anyone noticed a good strategy on getting good seats? It seems that at times when I have purchased tickets from Wilcoworld the moment the presale happens, I often end up in the front few rows, but way off to one side. It has seemd to me that some better (more centered) seats have gone to folks who purchased during the regular sale. Any thougts or ideas on this? Does the venue only release certain sections for the presale (not necessarily the best seats,) or is it just random?

Thanks.

It seems that at times when I have purchased tickets from Wilcoworld the moment the presale happens, I often end up in the front few rows, but way off to one side. It has seemd to me that some better (more centered) seats have gone to folks who purchased during the regular sale. Any thougts or ideas on this? Does the venue only release certain sections for the presale (not necessarily the best seats,) or is it just random?

It's not random but they aren't the best 10% of the seats either. Pre-sale seats are certainly a pre-defined subset and I guess the locations vary from venue to venue. For the Feb. show at the Tower in Philly I got 3rd-row dead center. I know people who got pre-sale seats in the 4th row right behind me but I also know some who were in the Loge (i.e. lower balcony).

For the Wilmington show I got 4th-row center in the balcony but somebody on these boards got 2nd row in the Pit. I guess they set aside "some from here and some from there".

It's not random but they aren't the best 10% of the seats either. Pre-sale seats are certainly a pre-defined subset and I guess the locations vary from venue to venue. For the Feb. show at the Tower in Philly I got 3rd-row dead center. I know people who got pre-sale seats in the 4th row right behind me but I also know some who were in the Loge (i.e. lower balcony).

For the Wilmington show I got 4th-row center in the balcony but somebody on these boards got 2nd row in the Pit. I guess they set aside "some from here and some from there".

I personally know a few people who work for the venue in Wilmington and they told me that Wilco had the rights to the first two rows. The best they were able to do for me was the third row. So that probably explains how some folks got pre-sale tix in the second row.

I've gotten front row, ninth row and middle of the venue (BofA Pavilion - Boston) all on pre-sales. So I tend to think it is random.

I also know people who have gotten decent tickets a few nights before the show when all of a sudden a bunch of tickets were released.

... because you have the chance of getting better seats twice ... once in the presale, and again in the regular onsale. You seriously want only ONE internet onsale?

Sometimes these arty theaters also have presale "for members only" (big donors). And even tho their presale may be after the Wilco presale, they hold the best seats for their donors.

I have, however, gotten front/center thru Wilco presale. Not in many, many years tho (wish me luck in 20 minutes).

Sometimes these arty theaters also have presale "for members only" (big donors). And even tho their presale may be after the Wilco presale, they hold the best seats for their donors.

I have, however, gotten front/center thru Wilco presale. Not in many, many years tho (wish me luck in 20 minutes).

Wilco has not been around for "many, many years."

To answer the original question, it varies. I went on Music Today at 10 AM this morning for Jacksonville and got 2 in row H. 15 minutes later, on a lark, I went back and now have row A!!!!

Sounds like a plan. Did you see them in March of '06 in the Florida Theatre? Excellent venue and a great show.

It is beyond decent. It is a 1920s era movie palace. Absolutely gorgeous inside. Great sound, also. Google Florida Theatre and check the place out. We have the Tampa Theatre here. Very similar venue even prettier! Wilco played there in 2002 when they were a 4 piece plus Mikael working the laptop. Fantastic show. I wish they'd play there again. Welcome to F-L-A1

Maybe a stupid question, or at least one that's been asked a million times, but what's the point of a presale if you're not getting better seats?

it's a chance at actually getting seats. i've been locked out of regular sales of tickets in a matter of moments and have had to work magic to get into some of the wilco shows i've attended. presales increase the odds of not having to use magic.