Itunes is what really burns me up. I hate that program.

What do you hate about it? I really think it's great. I use it as my main music component. I have my 620 artists and 1723 albums all nicely organized so I can get to them easily whenever I want and I have tons of playlists for every mood. I have it connected digitally to my stereo and use my HDTV and wireless mouse as the interface. Works great, sounds great!

yes, fm transmitters blow!!! when we all have cars with ipod jacks and not cd players...well...that's it. the cd is gone.

How do you people listen to your iPods in the car? Do you have an input on your stereo? Or you have to resort to FM transmitters?

How do you people listen to your iPods in the car? Do you have an input on your stereo? Or you have to resort to FM transmitters?

luckily, our car still has a cassette player, so we just plug the adapter into the iPod.

I've got a little 2 gig MP3 player (can't remember the make right now) that I love. It plays pretty much any music format, and it's the size of a lighter.

I only us CD's in the car because all my music is on my computer (which has a killer sound system).. I tried using an FM transmitter with my MP3 player in attempt to eliminate CD's, but the FM transmitter just sucks.. Too much interference and the volume is low.

You could try a cassette adapter if you have that ability in your vehicle.

I have an FM transmitter and it works great except for when I go to Chicago...it's difficult to find a channel.

I keep meaning to get my other stereo put in my car, because they are able to do an add on that you'd just plug your ipod into, no fm transmitter necassary..but i keep forgetting to do it when i get paid.

they are able to do an add on that you'd just plug your ipod into

Yeah, thats what I need. Then I wouldn't have dozens of burned CD's sliding around the floor and flying out of my sun visor, hitting me in the head.

I've got the auxillary port on my Rav 4, which is nice, but since I'm driving my dad's Mazda for the summer, I had to trade AC for the aux port. Now I've got 2 300 CD cases in my car.

I'm not sure how much it costs for just that to be done...b/c when I checked the pricing last week for my stereo plus that to be installed it was around $70 i think. If you PM me your car info and what your stereo is I will ask on Monday when I go back to work.

FM Transmitters are worthless in Chicago. Either the cassette adapter or hard-wired is the way to go.

Yeah, I don't live in Chicago, but I live in sort of a "city" area, and I've never had luck with a transmitter. It will work great for about 30 seconds, and then STATIC...

Guest Jules
Yeah, I don't live in Chicago, but I live in sort of a "city" area, and I've never had luck with a transmitter. It will work great for about 30 seconds, and then STATIC...

Yeah, sucky. I would look into getting it wired into your stereo. Not much more expensive than the higher end transmitters, and worth it.

Love my IPOD 80gb maybe 60 of it filled with music & movies, mainly music. My major problem with it is deciding what to listen to because it holds so much i.e. too many choices at my disposal. I have no problems adding and deleting music on it, it is really not that big of a chore. A also make play lists as the mood strikes me, which is often.

I have about 1/2 of my music on it, so I still listen to CD's also, mainly in my car, while the IPOD I use everywhere. In the car I use an FM tuner tiny for listening to the POD and it works just fine for me.

The tape-deck based ipod converter works really well in my car.

mine too...although I must warn you, lock your doors.

I put my IPod in the glove box with the wire from the adapter still attached, and some crooks just followed the wire and nabbed my IPod and cassette converter. Or, take the easier route, and remember to lock your doors...I kicked myself for weeks.

Most aftermarket car stereos have aux inputs now, some in the front. If you buy a new car stereo have them install a connector hanging out of it when it is installed. Shouldn't cost you anything extra (other than the cost of the connector). If you already have an aftermarket stereo installed, it shouldn't be TOO difficult to get back there and install one yourself. I don't have any experience with OEM stereos. It really is worth it.

mine too...although I must warn you, lock your doors.

I put my IPod in the glove box with the wire from the adapter still attached, and some crooks just followed the wire and nabbed my IPod and cassette converter. Or, take the easier route, and remember to lock your doors...I kicked myself for weeks.

Or just take your ipod with you? I had a honda civic stolen from me about 5 years ago - had two binders full of CDs in the trunk. Hard lesson to learn, but I never leave anything steal-worthy in my car any more!