Let Freedom Ring and be "Fabulous"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to speak for Ikol but I am going to go out on a limb and say that he was not suggesting that law should allow for incest or marriage to one's children or a minor.

Oh, and yaayyy for the Gay folks of California. These laws were just medieval.

I am late to this party, but I noticed this statement by ikol early in the fray. As a general matter, (I think), polygamy and incest rarely occurs between two consenting adults. I can agree with you if your point assumes there are two consenting adults involved. Is it safe for me to assume that you think the government should be getting involved to prevent polygamy and incest when it is to protect children or women that do not have the power to resist?

Yeah. If there are children or coercion involved, then the government should intervene.

The government should have nothing to due with marriage whether it's straight, gay, polygamous, etc.

Wow IKOL and I agree on something. Though I do think that government should have a little say in some marriages dealing with area's such as age of consent and close relatives/siblings etc marrying...and of course never issuing Larry King, Elizabeth Taylor or Tom Cruise another license to wed.

Wow IKOL and I agree on something. Though I do think that government should have a little say in some marriages dealing with area's such as age of consent and close relatives/siblings etc marrying...and of course never issuing Larry King, Elizabeth Taylor or Tom Cruise another license to wed.

Unless it's to each other and a reality show captures the whole sordid mess for our viewing pleasure.

I will hold off judgment until the Pope weighs in on this controversial decision

I think you can pencil Benedict XVI in for a "No sir, I don't like it."

Nuh-UHH!! Really?? Daaaaang. I wouldn't say she's hot, but she looks to be about 35ish.

That does it! I'm switching teams!!

You may not have to, if eating [censored] is what's keeping her young.