Ted Kennedy has brain tumor

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. some of you have no clue how tv/radio ratings are/can be influenced.

:brow

wow. some of you have no clue how tv/radio ratings are/can be influenced.

more importantly, prayers for the kennedy family and much strength to ted himself.

Care to edumicate us? :thumbup

There isn't a true "hard core right winger" that has no use for the Constitution. He's severely misguided if that's the case. Of course, this is true of people at the extremes of either side.

They obviously do not state it as such however they make it painfully clear that the press shoudl know when to shut up or that certain papers or news outlets shoudl be shut down/sent to prison/banned, ditto for certain books. They let it be known that they hate technicalities in courts or as others might describe them...their rights. He no longer believes in the jury system or rather no longer trusts the jury syatem or our system of laws and is far more infavor of vigilantie justice for suspects. being a suspect is enough, the trial is a formality. When the notion of nto having anational religion coomes up they invariably call it an attack on christianity and want to put forth the false argument that our fonders founded a christinan nation, so there shoudl be no problem with the church getting preference. RIgth wingers now argue that congress has no right to interfere in the doings of the oval office (oversight is an infringment of the presidents rights). Etc... etc... etc... to my mind these are all assaults on the constitution.

They obviously do not state it as such however they make it painfully clear that the press shoudl know when to shut up or that certain papers or news outlets shoudl be shut down/sent to prison/banned, ditto for certain books. They let it be known that they hate technicalities in courts or as others might describe them...their rights. He no longer believes in the jury system or rather no longer trusts the jury syatem or our system of laws and is far more infavor of vigilantie justice for suspects. being a suspect is enough, the trial is a formality. When the notion of nto having anational religion coomes up they invariably call it an attack on christianity and want to put forth the false argument that our fonders founded a christinan nation, so there shoudl be no problem with the church getting preference. RIgth wingers now argue that congress has no right to interfere in the doings of the oval office (oversight is an infringment of the presidents rights). Etc... etc... etc... to my mind these are all assaults on the constitution.

Like I said, severely misguided. Unfortunately, these people and their whacked-out ideas get lumped in together with all conservatives or Republicans and meaningful discussion and debate suffers as a result.

Like I said, severely misguided. Unfortunately, these people and their whacked-out ideas get lumped in together with all conservatives or Republicans and meaningful discussion and debate suffers as a result.

A large part of that is the fault of more traditional, utterly reasonable conservatives and republicans

wait... how does being discussed here have anything to do with people listening to his show or having ratings?

none of us on here actually would ever listen to his show?

he still has a show because there's right wing sheep who listen to him.

Care to edumicate us? :thumbup

sure...plain and simple, as Jude already stated, giving his rhetoric creedence, whether you are listening or not, still acts as an advertisement for his show. there will be those that tune in to see how much they disgree with him and/or even engage him in battle over what he's saying. this also serves to further perpetuate the validity of the show to those who do agree with him.

i don't know if you ever saw 'private parts', that flick about howard stern, but there was a scene that summed it up nicely. the NBC suits were talking about his ratings and a huge portion of them ended up being people that didn't like him, but were tuning in to see what he'd say next.

liberal uproar over comments/jokes obviously thrown out their in an effort to shock people, acts as fuel to the fire. people talking badly about you, in a line of work like this, is considered a more desirable alternative than nobody talking about you at all. whether you like him (Rush, Beck, Coulter, O'Reilley, etc.) or not, responding in anyway is still lapping his schtick up...making you only slightly less responsible for his relevance than those who listen to him on a regular basis. there are sheep on both sides of the fence.

sure...plain and simple, as Jude already stated, giving his rhetoric creedence, whether you are listening or not, still acts as an advertisement for his show. there will be those that tune in to see how much they disgree with him and/or even engage him in battle over what he's saying. this also serves to further perpetuate the validity of the show to those who do agree with him.

i don't know if you ever saw 'private parts', that flick about howard stern, but there was a scene that summed it up nicely. the NBC suits were talking about his ratings and a huge portion of them ended up being people that didn't like him, but were tuning in to see what he'd say next.

liberal uproar over comments/jokes obviously thrown out their in an effort to shock people, acts as fuel to the fire. people talking badly about you, in a line of work like this, is considered a more desirable alternative than nobody talking about you at all. whether you like him (Rush, Beck, Coulter, O'Reilley, etc.) or not, responding in anyway is still lapping his schtick up...making you only slightly less responsible for his relevance than those who listen to him on a regular basis. there are sheep on both sides of the fence.

This my friends is the deal.

I don't care for Rush, O'Reiley, Savage, Franken, etc. so in effect they don't really exist to me. They are non-factors in my life.

I listened to a lot of O'Reilly, Savage, and Limbaugh on my road trip last week because it's just entertainment. They are entertaining to listen to because they say outlandish things to piss people off, and it's funny to me.

Guest Jules

I don't care for Rush, O'Reiley, Savage, Franken, etc. so in effect they don't really exist to me. They are non-factors in my life.

It's all about you, JUDE.

I agree. It's amazing how much bullshit can be extricated from your life simply by not caring about the drama that surrounds this kind of bunk.

I agree. It's amazing how much bullshit can be extricated from your life simply by not caring about the drama that surrounds this kind of bunk.

exactly, i would have had absolutely no clue that savage was a dick about this...until it was posted here. not by 'right wing sheep', but someone the more polar opposite.

Isn't this essentially what Limbaugh, Hannity, Oriely, Caoulter, Savage, Beck, North (Mike and Oliver), Fox News etc... does to nearly every topic regarding democrats? I think so, and they have been doing it for a good (bad?) 15 - 20 years now. Does not our president and vice president, who should both be above this sort of behavior, engage in the exact same behavior? It is what has kept the party going these last two administrations.

A large part of that is the fault of more traditional, utterly reasonable conservatives and republicans
i would have had absolutely no clue that savage was a dick about this...until it was posted here. not by 'right wing sheep', but someone the more polar opposite.

I was thinking this too.

Isn't this essentially what Limbaugh, Hannity, Oriely, Caoulter, Savage, Beck, North (Mike and Oliver), Fox News etc... does to nearly every topic regarding democrats? I think so, and they have been doing it for a good (bad?) 15 - 20 years now. Does not our president and vice president, who should both be above this sort of behavior, engage in the exact same behavior? It is what has kept the party going these last two administrations.

Exactly. And if you have no respect for the kind of people on the right that do that sort of thing, why would you engage in that kind of rhetoric from the left?

What I don't understand regarding Savage's comments and a shit tonne of comments in this thread and on this board in general (And, really, everywhere) how so many people who are otherwise intelligent, thoughtful people can just blindly hate people for their political ideologies. They would never hate someone they have never met because of their color, or (with the exception of TDW, I guess) religion, but there are scores of people who just hate people simply because they disagree on politics. It's fucking stupid.

What I don't understand regarding Savage's comments and a shit tonne of comments in this thread and on this board in general (And, really, everywhere) how so many people who are otherwise intelligent, thoughtful people can just blindly hate people for their political ideologies. They would never hate someone they have never met because of their color, or (with the exception of TDW, I guess) religion, but there are scores of people who just hate people simply because they disagree on politics. It's fucking stupid.

But politics affect the way the world works.